Super Contributor

Do all linea leisure have the same feel?

[ Edited ]

I have two (A262037) Raglan Sleeve Knit Tee, which i have yet to waer. The 92% cotton/8% spandex seems like rubber to me. After Monday's show I Iooked through the linea leisure line and found most had the same content.
The three exceptions were:
A267874 Long Sleeve Knit Tunic: 91% polyester/6% spandex/3% other fiber,
A267873 Knit Long Sleeve Tunic: 80% polyester/14% rayon/6% spandex and
A267867 Striped Knit Turtleneck Content: 95% cotton/5% spandex.
Questions?
Do these three items have the same feel as the raglan tee, or is there a difference?
Will the raglan tee change in feel after it is washed several times?
Everyone seems to love the leisure line, but I seem to be missing something?

Respected Contributor

Re: Do all linea leisure have the same feel?

All of the cotton knits are the same with the same feel. I own many of them and do not think they change after washing. Pwersonally, I like the way they feel and don't think they are like rubber, but that's me. I have the other two tunics. They were posted early and had them before the show. I don't have the TN yet but there is less spandex, and Louis said it was a lighter weight so you might like it. Out of the two tunics A267874, is the one you might like best. It feels like the ponte top with the patch pockets. I really don't find any big difference in the feel of the Linea Leisure line to any of the high end active wear with the same amount of spandex. Linea is only a lot less expensive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Louis will be using many, varied fabrics in the Linea Leisure line, as he has informed us on his blog, not just the cotton/span, as you have seen.  That said, I love that cotton/span fabric---it is soooo comfy (wearing the Black LL pants and matching tank right now) and I don't think they at all feel like rubber---but, hey, to each their own--not everyone has to like everything---it's a choice/personal preference. 

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Hi Vickybliss.  - I love  the style of LL but cannot wear that amount of spandex either.   I now check content before I buy as anything over 5 percent is a no no for me - just like wearing rubber.  Unfortunately some of Louis' has very high spandex but great styling.

Respected Contributor

I personally would not wear a pant or legging with less spandex than 8%. My experience is they bag, stretch out, and don't last as long. I long the feel of the hoodies, but as Sheesh said, "to each their own".

Trusted Contributor

Spandex is my friend!!!  I used to wear 100% cotton but started wearing cotton/span for horseback riding and loved the freedom of movement it gave me.  Now that is what I like wearing for street wear.  Or in this case, home wear! 

I just ordered the Pomegranate vest, striped T-neck, and pants with the black stripe.  Will be able to move all three pieces around with what I already have and really need more at home wear.

Can't wait to get them!

Respected Contributor

Have you tried wearing it for any length of time? I felt that way about the v neck t shirt dresses until I wore them.

I have the ll pants and sleep in them. Also one hoodie with shell and the cardigan and love them.

I understand because I am very fussy about fabrics.I can only wear cotton until it's below 70 degrees. I cannot imagine wearing WK or poly blends in the summer but many people wear them and enjoy them.

Esteemed Contributor

@vickybliss wrote:

I have two (A262037) Raglan Sleeve Knit Tee, which i have yet to waer. The 92% cotton/8% spandex seems like rubber to me. After Monday's show I Iooked through the linea leisure line and found most had the same content.
The three exceptions were:
A267874 Long Sleeve Knit Tunic: 91% polyester/6% spandex/3% other fiber,
A267873 Knit Long Sleeve Tunic: 80% polyester/14% rayon/6% spandex and
A267867 Striped Knit Turtleneck Content: 95% cotton/5% spandex.
Questions?
Do these three items have the same feel as the raglan tee, or is there a difference?
Will the raglan tee change in feel after it is washed several times?
Everyone seems to love the leisure line, but I seem to be missing something?

I just wanted to add that I think it does become a bit softer, "cuddlier" after a few washings.  Not a big difference, but I notice it when comparing my three raglan sleeve tees from last year with the new color I've purchased but not yet worn.  I'm currently wearing A262066 with the Linea Leisure pants and NOLA in Sept. is very hot and humid.

No Image Found

But I can't wear A265607, the short sleeve top, until it cools down a little.  Same fabric,
No Image Found

but the sleeves make me feel too hot.  So we each have our excentricities when it comes to fabric.  You really need to think about what will feel good to you. 
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett