Frequent Contributor

Could Sure Use Some Linea Ladies' Advice

A dear friend's son is getting married in mid-October in Baltimore and I was wondering if the new color block sweater in alabaster/black with the alabaster ss sweater and a black bottom (either dress pants or pencil skirt and tights) would be too informal for a morning wedding. The ceremony will be held at a wedding venue, not in a church, and there will be a buffet luncheon afterwards. My friend's family is somewhat snooty so I don't want to embarrass her. The raves this sweater is getting make me think it might work but would love some Linea Ladies sage advice.

Super Contributor

Re: Could Sure Use Some Linea Ladies' Advice

I think that it would be appropriate.   I think you should add a statement necklace.

The phrases below are from Louis' blog when he gave us a sneak peek of the alabaster and black sweater.  He paired it with a black bottom.

The words that come to mind when I see this combination of ALABASTER and BLACK are ELEGANT, SOPHISTICATED and CHIC.

It’s an outfit that would turn heads in any elegant restaurant in Paris or New York………

Respected Contributor

I think you will look absolutely lovely!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried mine on last night with a black pencil skirt and black shirt.  I added his long cream colored pearls (J264035) and heels and it looked fabulous.  I wouldn't hesitate to wear that to a wedding.  I ordered the alabaster shirt, but I preferred the look with all black underneath.

Respected Contributor

Dear FreddieMac, for a m orning wedding it would be more than appropriate. If you want to dress it up even more wear one of Louis' black jet necklaces and the jet drop earring.

Respected Contributor

I also think it's appropriate for a morning wedding, as long as it's dressed up with a accessories--statement necklace, heels, bag.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can dress up the sweater by wearing, black, sheer, or semi-sheer hose, with a pointed toe black pump shoe and dressy jewelry. Do not wear tights. Tights yell, CASUAL. Wear a smaller black bag, maybe an envelope clutch. A slim black pencil skirt, or a pencil skirt in the same color as the Ivory, would work. If you go with an ivory skirt, go with an ivory pointed toe pump, and some type of hose, no tights. No heavy, everyday, purse. EDIT. I like the pearls idea, too. I also like the statement necklace idea and I agree this is a sophisticated and elegant look.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D

Love the pearls suggestion...so much better for a daytime wedding than a statement necklace.The pearls will elevate the outfit to simple elegance. Chanel-like even...for those "snooty" relatives! lol

And, no tights!!! No way.

Respected Contributor

@FreddieMac wrote:

A dear friend's son is getting married in mid-October in Baltimore and I was wondering if the new color block sweater in alabaster/black with the alabaster ss sweater and a black bottom (either dress pants or pencil skirt and tights) would be too informal for a morning wedding. The ceremony will be held at a wedding venue, not in a church, and there will be a buffet luncheon afterwards. My friend's family is somewhat snooty so I don't want to embarrass her. The raves this sweater is getting make me think it might work but would love some Linea Ladies sage advice.

I think it would be perfect! I'd definititly wear the Linea jewelry that Louis styled with the pieces, too, if you have it. I'd carry a small clutch, too.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D

These ladies know what they're talking about.  Sheer hose, a tasteful clutch and pearls will have you standing out in the crowd- not to mention how comfortable you'll be!  I'm betting other women will wish they looked as good as you!

Have fun.