Regular Contributor

has anyone tried to contact Louis on his "ask Louis" portion of his blog?  Have tried twice today, using different captcha codes and it would t accept any variation of either on. Frustrating!  Anyone else had this trouble?

Respected Contributor

Did you see if your question went through.  Sometimes his captcha code says error, but the question actually appears.

Honored Contributor

Dodies, I finally gave up and decided that our computers just could not talk to one another.  I knew I had the capcha right and so did my son who is an IT guy, and he could not figure out what the problem was, so I just gave up on LDO website.  I will ask here and someone of the ladies will ask or answer for me.  It's frustrating in this day and age of technology that a capcha cannot be interpreted correctly from the time you do it until it is entered.  Grrrrr.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply ,ladies...helps to know its not just me! Was going to try again on the computer instead of the iPad, sometimes that seems an issue, but I'm sort of over it for awhile....

Valued Contributor

Re: Contacting Louis

[ Edited ]

Since I updated to Windows 10 I have been unable to comment on LDO site! This was using my desktop. I will try with my iPad.

Valued Contributor

@breee wrote:

Since I updated to Windows 10 I have been unable to comment on LDO site! This was using my desktop. I will try with my iPad.

It did work using my iPad but I neglected to give my info.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually have difficulty posting when I use my Kindle because it sometimes will change the code without me realizing it; but when I use my computers or laptops it's fine.

Valued Contributor

Re: Contacting Louis

[ Edited ]

Noticed this thread and had to comment.  I've had trouble - as in I cannot post - at Louis' blog EVER since I updated to Windows 10 Pro also.  Son who is computer "genius" - partner at Microsoft - several very large best-seller computer books to his credit - could not figure out what was wrong :~[  I think he thought I was probably doing something "wrong" on my end.  He had me contact online the company who creates the conversation part of Louis' blogsite..... They thought I was nuts.  I had also seen links to that company here so I really persisted with them.  Nothing was working. 

I contacted Louis about the problem and explained what measures I had taken on his Facebook Messaging.  He is not strong on the techno end of things and conveyed it all to his website builder.  Finally one day I tried accessing the blog on Firefox instead of Edge (the new name of the internet system Microsoft Windows 10 is using), and lo and behold I could post!!!!  So I immediately contacted my computer guru son in Seattle with my Voila-moment Smiley Happy Here's his reply:   "Well, glad you got it to work.  Edge is still being rapidly updated so hopefully it will start to work in the future.Smiley Embarassed  I ADORE this son and he has gotten me out of more computer scrapes than I can count or recall.  But this was the first time he ever agreed with me in blaming Microsoft - and in this case Microsoft's Edge.  Smiley Wink

Final note:  ALL of my efforts were on my laptop.  I usually give up on Kindle anyway - just way too hard to type and communicate on that thing for me.  I love Kindle for many other things.

I also love Edge but keep Firefox on my computer for when the odd conflict pops up between a program or site with Edge.  And by the way, inspite of constant updates - so far - I still can't post anything at Louis blog on Edge.

Hope this helps.  All that "Captcha Code Error" and "Looks like you've already posted this" stuff can drive you nutty!  It's a long night out in the cold when you suddenly can't communicate on Louis' blog.

Valued Contributor

@TheOwl

Thanks for telling us this. I understand how your son thinks it is you. I have a son like that too. He is also very computer savvy and deals with Microsoft.  Well I did agree to Edge when I installed Windows this weekend.  After reading what you wrote at my desktop, I did use Google Chrome that is on my desktop  for a test on LDO website and it did work. I knew my problem did not happen until I finally did the Windows update. I did not put the new Windows on my laptop and not sure if I will! I use my iPad for reading.I do have a laptop but seldom use.

Valued Contributor

Right Bree Smiley Happy  I get a very big kick out of "keeping up with him" and occassionally "being a step ahead".....but it gets harder all the time Smiley Happy

I also found that Edge has serious conflicts with a favorite genealogy program I like.  I'll keep getting around that with Firefox as needed.  The other huge conflict I had was with my Fujitsu Scanner.  We got it for Christmas last year - our only big present of the season - and as soon as I updated to Windows 10 Pro with Edge - it wouldn't work at all!!!  I fussed and fussed and fussed with it.  Fujitsu really should have been on top of it since they knew about the coming of Edge for a good year.  But they weren't.  Finally MONTHS later Fujitsu released "updates" which should have been out there at the get go.  But I find I am still having some annoying glitches with my scanner and Windows 10.   In fact my daughter-in-life (wife of the guru), who got me to get this scanner in the first place - same as hers, is so freaked out about what problems there have been for me and still the continuing unpredictability with my scanner  - that she, like you, has held off on updating to Windows 10.   Son has been heard to say "What is with the women in my life????  My mother is on me about Windows 10, my wife won't try it, and my college daughter won't either."  Smiley Happy  Other than these problems - and who knows what other random incompatabilities I might run in to but haven't yet ...  I really like Windows 10.  Definitely better, I think, than my former Windows 8 Pro.