Esteemed Contributor

Re: British Tan trench....Yeah, baby.

[ Edited ]

Received mine today ... if I sound like an echo in the Grand Canyon ...

Image result for picture of a copycat

"Yeah, Baby." This is one beautiful coat!

Super Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

Today the price is $136+$5.

I'm not happy with QVC's new price fluctuating policy. More returns if I order before reading some reviews, and the prices differences aren't just a few dollars.

Can anyone tell me what was the cheaper price? I know it has gone down from 4 easy pays to 3 easy pays. I think the price last year was $135 so that's only a dollar.

Also I can't decide between the British tan and the black. It sounds that you all have both. Which one would you choose?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickybliss wrote:

@JGalt wrote:

Today the price is $136+$5.

I'm not happy with QVC's new price fluctuating policy. More returns if I order before reading some reviews, and the prices differences aren't just a few dollars.

Can anyone tell me what was the cheaper price? I know it has gone down from 4 easy pays to 3 easy pays. I think the price last year was $135 so that's only a dollar.

Also I can't decide between the British tan and the black. It sounds that you all have both. Which one would you choose?

@vickybliss ... There was no cheaper price ... and you'll have to let your instinct tell you which to choose ... unless, like me, you choose both.  I like them equally ... the black can be your more formal of the two.

Super Contributor

I decide to buy the british tan trench coat. First I have a lot of black coats (including one that is more formal from Louis) and no tan ones. Second I thought that the tan will show off the wonderful workmanship better than the black. I figure if I don't like the black lapels, I can wear them closed and have a lovely british tan look. Now for a hat and scarf that does this coat justice. Thank you all for your comments about the british tan color. They were very helpful. I'll write next week when I get it. It almost feels like Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@vickybliss I know it's early still but start checking Macy's in October at Charter Club for hats and scarves in the camel color or even red!

Here is an example: not what I would spend though--http://m.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-cable-cashmere-scarf-only-at-macys?ID=2281074&swatchCol...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Image result for picture of a copycat

Ditto on the "yeah, baby" @SoX But, truth be told, I knew it was somethng special last year--I wore my navy and olive nonstop. Now, I have the black and it is divine. I want to sleep in it. lol.

I did make a pledge this season not to buy multiples of the same outerwear, but I keep breaking my own rule! But, this coat is totally worth it. My tally is three on this one and I'm tempted to get the British Tan now & get the complete set. Ha! I also have my eye on the brown moto--I have it in black & plum and love that one, too. What's a girl to do...

Esteemed Contributor

I am truly loving all your comments.

Great thread. GREAT COAT!

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@SoX wrote:

Ditto on the "yeah, baby" @SoX But, truth be told, I knew it was somethng special last year--I wore my navy and olive nonstop. Now, I have the black and it is divine. I want to sleep in it. lol.

I did make a pledge this season not to buy multiples of the same outerwear, but I keep breaking my own rule! But, this coat is totally worth it. My tally is three on this one and I'm tempted to get the British Tan now & get the complete set. Ha! I also have my eye on the brown moto--I have it in black & plum and love that one, too. What's a girl to do...

@GraceCO ...

Grace ... I think you'll kick yourself several times over if you don't get that British tan now,  as I'm sure it's on the way to being so limited by the time the show airs.  It's too great of a color to pass up ...

The brown moto would have been perfect (for me) with the silver tone hardware, but it's also too good to let it pass you by.   I tried it on with the new taupe t-neck and  oh my goodness ... it's the bees knees!  With brown short boots and jeans it is spectacular.

Respected Contributor

Am I the only weirdo who has 4 of these coats?  Smiley Happy  My 2 new ones will arrive tomorrow.  Prior to Linea, I was a one-coat per season kind of woman.  Now I could dress the neighborhood.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Am I the only weirdo who has 4 of these coats?  Smiley Happy  My 2 new ones will arrive tomorrow.  Prior to Linea, I was a one-coat per season kind of woman.  Now I could dress the neighborhood.  Smiley Happy

@santorini ...

Nope ... I'm right there with you ... olive, navy, British tan and black ... welcome to the club!