Esteemed Contributor

British Tan trench....Yeah, baby.

Okay, so I have the trench in olive and burgundy, but had to have the new one in British Tan.

I compared it to my Burberry tan trench (which has to be 20 years old; so old that I rarely wear it) and they're remarkably close in color. Burberry's tan is maybe a touch darker than the Linea trench but if not side by side you really couldn't tell the difference. The black lining is the entire inside front as with the other colors, and it does add a richness that make it different from my old-school Burberry.

I ordered a size 8 (34D bra, 5'7"+) and the fit is close, but not tight. I could slip a sweater under, but nothing too bulky. I tried it over the new English rib and it's fine, but to me it feels a bit snug. If I were going to seriously layer, I might order up one size.

I have long arms (I can't wear the WK t-neck or v-neck for example as a 23" sleeve is too short!) and this is nearly perfect; if you have shorter arms you may need to get an alteration--having a sleeve shortened when there are no buttons is not expensive!!!

The fabric is the same as the other coats--medium weight, feels like wool, rich hand, luxe color depth. I can't wait wear it over a black skirt and sweater with some great black gloves, or just tossed over jeans with booties. I love the colors from last year, but I think this is the one I will wear most often. If I didn't have FOUR black trench coats (yes, I have a Burberry addictions), I would buy that color, too.

Pretty sure the tan will sell out when it's presented, so if you think you want it, keep an eye on sizes. No doubt there will be a great easy pay on the day it's offered, but maybe don't wait past midnight!

Questions?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: British Tan trench....Yeah, baby.

[ Edited ]

WOW!  That's a FIVE Star Review!

Darn it!  Now you have me re-thinking the British Tan Trench!  I have the Navy from last year - and LOVE it - but was not planning on another colour.  Wanted to wait and see what the New Coat looks like.  Decisions!  Decisions!

Enjoy your Trench!

Esteemed Contributor

@Seka

I'd give this one TEN stars. It's that good.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@Seka

I'd give this one TEN stars. It's that good.

@gardensla  ...

Well, you sure convinced me ... I just tried on the Black which I received yesterday ... omigosh!   It's stunning on me ... the sleeves are a tad long, but I have on a cotton top ... when I wear it with a turtleneck or one of the English rib sweaters it will be perfect.

And now, based on your scintillating review, I ran and ordered the British Tan ... it's on easy pay and I still had that $33.66 credit, so I made out like a bandit!

By the way, I'm short, so this coat stops right at my knees ... perfect!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm now tempted to order the British tan... The black gets delivered today & I already have the navy and olive--it's my favorite Linea coat by far. I also have a Burberry from decades ago that is my go-to for primarily rainy days, but this one has a much different vibe to it with the styling, black lining, etc. Thinking I must have yet another trench... but you can never have too many! This price point makes it a much easier decision, compared to buying another Burberry.

I just knew I'd get into trouble again buying multiples of Linea outerwear. It's a lost cause...Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine should arrive today. I did order the black and Bristish tan. For the price I just couldn't pass them up. I already have the olive and navy, but my reasoning is this, a real Burberry costs over $2000, and these coats look just as good. They wear like iron and who knows when we will ever see a coat like this again! It's classic and will be instyle forever.

Valued Contributor

Today the price is $136+$5.

I'm not happy with QVC's new price fluctuating policy. More returns if I order before reading some reviews, and the prices differences aren't just a few dollars.

Respected Contributor

My black and British tan coats arrived yesterday and to quote gardensla, "Yeah, baby". I just can't believe the quality of these coats. I've seen the Burberry coats at over $2000, and the Linea coats are IMHO made just as well. I was really debating whether I should get two more coats since I have the navy and the olive, but once I saw them I was glad I did. These are real investment pieces that I will wear forever. The black is so chic, and the British tan with the black is just amazing. If you are on the fence jump off, because you never know with Linea if these will come back, and will they ever be the same price. I am a very happy camper!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla Your review inspired me to buy my first Linea piece. I just ordered the trench in black, it looks so sophisticated.

It was difficult to decide but I figure I can't go wrong starting with the black. If it is as awesome on me as yours is on you I may go back for the beautiful burgundy. Thanks for the heads up on this gorgeous coat.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

I have the trench in Olive and it is all that and more....!  It's definitely a substantial coat, not a lightweight "all weather" fabric but more a classic twill weave that will have some heft to it.  It is so flattering and looks expensive as Louis would say, true to its heritage with the details.  

It is one of those coats that commands attention, a real find at a price like this.  Would love to have it in an additional color but my closet rods are bending......