Respected Contributor

Baseball jacket: I don't need it but

I can't decide whether or not to buy baseball jacket. Originally I was going to let it go because I only wanted it in black and it wasn't available in my size.

Voila! I found a S and put it on check status. I haven't shopped except for the scarlet pieces and I got all of those with the exception of the skirt.

I know I would wear it; I'm wearing my leisure pieces out and this is something I could wear very casually.

I'm watching my schekels; the wedding I'm going to will cost me.

However, when I read it's a "one of a kind," I wonder. I love embroidery and have collected Louis' embroidered items over the year.

Is it that special?

Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball jacket: I don't need it but

Yes.  It is special.

I wore mine yesterday very casually out for pizza on a 67-degree day here in the middle of what is usually an arctic winter, and it is a WOW!  I had many looks, several compliments.  It is easy to wear, lovely feel to the fabric, and all the details including the amazing embroidery are gorgeous.  

If you have a simple top and jeans on, add this and you look current and very special, and still simple and easy, not fussy.

As long as you do like embroidery and would wear it in your lifestyle, think about giving it a try.

Super Contributor

Unless you have in your hand, you will not fully understand what a beauty this is. The fabric is wonderful.  I think the word 'baseball' hinders the perception of this jacket. When you look at the way Louis pairs it up with a blouse and the collar of the blouse completely hides the "baseball" collar, you just  begin to see how versatile and gorgeous it is. So glad I took a chance on this....

Valued Contributor

You must treat yourself to this wonderful jacket. I'm older than you and own the black and ivory and love them. Go for it.

Honored Contributor

@lavendar,I don't know about you but if I LOVE something, it's a done deal.  Plus, a jacket is always welcome to me anytime I encounter air conditioning which can be viscious.  Then there's also spring when it's cool.  In my cold climate that's only 1/4 of the year I couldn't wear it.

How about you?

Esteemed Contributor

Ohhhh yes!

This is a fabulous jacket. One that can be tailored to your lifestyle, dress it up or down and the heads will turn, it's just that smart.

I've always enjoyed reading the compliments you receive wearing your Linea. I have absolutely no doubt that this jacket, however you choose to style it, will also garner comments from your friends, family and professional contacts! Don't drey, buy it while you can and pack it for your wedding trip. It's just that good!

Respected Contributor

I have things all set for Chicago trip. Don't know if it will fit under full length coat.

But I love unusual jackets. I have quite a collection; that's why I hesitate. Remember when Indigo Moon and Koos made great jackets. I'm still wearing them.

I don't think it's too young for me. I don't dress 'old lady.'

Last month I had a doctor's appointment. Wore a George S. bright red dress with all my turquoise (some fake.) I asked him if beeing elderly affected a particular treatment. He said I wasn't elderly. I told him to check my chart.

Respected Contributor

I was on the fence initially also.  I purchased in black anyway.  When it arrived I was glad I had purchased.  It is flattering, slimming and unique looking.  I am so glad that Louis did not put striped fabric at bottom like other baseball jackets.  The baseball jacket is so much more slimming because of his design decision. I am sure Linea's new baseball jacket will be one of my summer stables especially when traveling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You ladies are causing me to rethink -- deeply -- my decision not to purchase.  I won't lie, but last week I purchased a jacket from another line on QVC from which I infrequently buy.  Those garments I have purchased from this vendor have, in general, pleased me and satisfied a need.  However, the jacket is now in transit back to QVC.  Didn't really like the fabric or the cut around the midpoint of my body.  The color was luscious, however.  I cannot get past Louis's garment-cutting skills.  He has spoiled me.

Maybe I am meant to redirect my choice to this baseball jacket.  You know, perhaps it was damning to have to call it that. 

Honored Contributor

Too late for the baseball jacket game!  Smiley Sad

My size in black is sold out.