Esteemed Contributor

Anyone's alabaster sweater arrived yet?

Dish on it!

Color? Fit? Fabric

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone's alabaster sweater arrived yet?

[ Edited ]

The EDD on my alabaster is Aug. 7, the same day Louis will be showing it on air.  Not good, because I wanted to order the other colors after I checked out the fit on this one, and I'm afraid that my size might sell out during the show.  I compared the click here measurements to other similar Linea tops I own, but for me the click here measurements are always a cr*p shoot.  My size is either XXS or XS, and the Q always orders relatively small quantities in those sizes, so I'm worried.  My hope is that it might arrive tomorrow - one day ahead of schedule.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

My alabaster sweater arrived unexpectedly this morning (I think I forgot to uncheck the expedited shipping option!), and I have to say that I love the color. It's creamy but not blah and is that perfect neutral that I always seem to be searching for. Hope to see more in this color (and next season hoping for a nude-blush).

Ordered in my usual XS (34D bra) and the fit is right in line with other tanks and short sleeve whisper knits. Perfect.

Bring on the new, matching cardigan!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Sounds nice!  I hope it will work for me and not wash me out (I'm fair/warm) like beiges can.  Ivory usually works.  Hopefully alabaster will too.

Are the sleeves shorter than his other short-sleeve WKs?

Esteemed Contributor

@mjunkie wrote:

Sounds nice!  I hope it will work for me and not wash me out (I'm fair/warm) like beiges can.  Ivory usually works.  Hopefully alabaster will too.

Yes, they are. Very flattering length and narrower so they contour the arm. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I just looked at this "set" on Louis's blog, and oh my it is indeed stunning.  I might have to get the alabaster and matching cardi.  I am a bit worried about the shade not working with my very fair complexion.  Can't do beige anymore but love ivory, so this might work.  

This is such a classy classic sweater look!

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@mjunkie wrote:

Yes, they are. Very flattering length and narrower so they contour the arm. 

Yay!  That's what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks!!

Valued Contributor

Mine arrived 2 days earlier than I expected. When I opened it I was disappointed because I thought it would have more of a pink cast but when I tried it on WOW. This is a color anyone can wear. It is just beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@Berylkj wrote:

Mine arrived 2 days earlier than I expected. When I opened it I was disappointed because I thought it would have more of a pink cast but when I tried it on WOW. This is a color anyone can wear. It is just beautiful.

Sounds beautiful!  I was not hoping for a pink cast, so that's good news to me.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For those who have received this sweater a267882, can you say if it's an every needle rib  WK or not?  Mine is coming by wagon train as usual, and I'm second guessing the size I ordered.  The measurements looked small, so I ordered the larger of my two Linea sizes. But today I realized that the measurements for the body of the sweater are the same as a257382, and that one fits perfectly in my smaller LINEA size.  A257382 is ENR WK, so it has a lot of give. I'm wondering now if the new one is a jersey WK or ENR. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett