Esteemed Contributor

ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT SIZING...

Hi Ladies...Someone posted on LDO's blog about A259621.  I looked and might be interested since it's on sale (shocker, I know).  But, as usual, I'm stuck on the sizing issue.

This sweater has a chest measurement that's the same as the sweep.  I viewed the vid and read the reviews as well as some of the old threads and still am not convinced that a sweep that is 2 in smaller than my hips is not going to hug me!

Going up a size will be too big in chest.

Any info you can give me on the fit of this sweater would be great.  I own 2 ENR's, but no regular WK.  Are the chest, waist and hip measurements the same (IOW straight up and down) which might work or is there a shape?

Why is this so hard for me!!??

TIA

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT SIZING...

[ Edited ]

I go through this all of the time when I read those measurements. But experience in purchasing Linea has taught me finally do not size up - go with your regular Linea WK size. I generally wear a medium in Linea WK sweaters.  Only once was that not the right size for me in Linea WK.(the cardigan swing sweater).  I have even asked Louis about sizing and the kind ladies on this board - both usually tell me go with your regular WK size. 

Another possibility go to Louis's blog and see his old sneak peaks. Sometimes he talks about sizing in his descriptions. Of course, you can also read the reviews for information. Good Luck.  A very pretty sweater!

Respected Contributor

I have this sweater, and I would suggest you go with your size. The bottom is ribbed which may be the reason for the measurement, but they are very loose ribs on the body ands stretch a lot. You don't want the bust and shoulder to be too big. I wear an xs and ordered an xs. The sm would have been too big. BTW it's a fabulous sweater. I really can't understand why it didn't sell out. It's  very different from anything out there and the colors are beautiful.

Occasional Contributor

I recently purchased this sweater, it's a great price and a boutique look. I agree with everything the other posters have said.  I had the same sizing concerns as you but went with my normal LDO size (S) and it fits beautifully. The hem isn't too tight and the top isn't too large.  I love it. Go for it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra

@Marlyn1

@Saphira

Thanks so much for your responses!  I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just order both med and lrg.  I hate to do this for several reasons: (1) LDO returns are higher; (2) I end up paying $10 more, effectively wiping out the sale price; and (3) I risk getting their snarky you-return-too-much letter.  (What a racket!)

When you say "order your regular size" I still have problems because I have a few older pieces in med that fit fine and have some newer pieces in lrg that fit fine.   I have the original ENR swing sweater and the ENR seam front sweater in lrg...they both fit fine even tho the chest measurements on each are different.  I don't own any regular WK.

In the inset sweater, the med chest is .5 in larger than my bra.  The lrg is 3.5 in larger.  Plus, if it is straight up and down, I have a feeling the waist will be too snug.

Anyone want to bet that the med will be too snug and the lrg too big?

I agree that it is an unusual, lovely sweater...black/red or walnut/mulberry is my next dilemma LOL!

If I could buy LDO anywhere else, I would!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Before you order any size, check on an existing WK sweater you do own and check the cross back set in sleeve measurements-- that is about 6" from the top of the back of the garment and measured from sleeve where it fits into the torso to the opposite sleeve where it fits into the torso body. Then look at either the Medium or the Large and see which one comes closest to the existing top you do own.

Most people's across the back measurements do not change. HTH

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I understand buying two of the item.  I bought two for the trench coat.   It killed me, but it taught me to go with my regular size of medium.  Either the sweater you are thinking about is lovely.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Thanks for the info.  I've always haphazardly kept in mind that I can go with 14.5 to 15.5 in all 3 of the set in sleeve measurements.  Anything higher than that and I then have to look at the style/measurement of the neck width to make a decision.

I figured this out back in the day when I rec'd a top that fit perfectly and wrote down all the measurements to use for comparison in future purchases.  Until today, I only had a vague idea what the heck these 3 measurements were, but now I know exactly what the heck xback set in sleeve means!!  I have no idea what some of the measurements are...ROFLOL!!  Thanks!!

Both the med and lrg xback set in slv measurements fall within the acceptable range...figures, eh?

This is all too much work!  QVC should have a policy on clothes that, if you are exchanging within a 10 day period for a different size because their measurements stink, then it should be free return and replace.

Honored Contributor

I agree with your last paragraph @MacDUFF.

So many of us return clothing due to sizing issues not necessarily styling or color issues.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF

You could order the size that you think might be the best fit. If that one works out, you won't have to pay return fees. Put the other size on check hold if that one is limited in quanity in the color you want so if the first size doesn't work for you, you can then order the other size.

I like the idea of an exchange for the same item in a different size within ten days! And if that is the situation it should not count against Louis and return count.