Honored Contributor

A273861 - love jacket but how to wash?

I love this jacket, but am wondering if those of you who have it have had success in laundering it.  I find I'm constantly using a lint brush on it, too.  The fabric seems to pick up everything.  (I have the navy.)

I've read some reviews that it wrinkles after washing so I was hoping someone had washed it successfully or whether I will need to send it to the cleaners.

A273861

Linea by Louis DellOlio Button Front Jacket - A273861

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Re: A273861 - love jacket but how to wash?

I don't have this jacket but Louis suggested that if you wash it, you might want to take it to the cleaners to have it professionally pressed.  He also said some will just prefer to just have it dry cleaned.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @karlam

I had read that, but forgot to mention it.

I was hoping someone had washed it successfully, though, so I wouldn't have to go the the cleaners.  (Haven't done that for years, so it's an expense I didn't want to start again.)

Honored Contributor

I take all lined jackets (and some without lining) to the cleaners.  I have the navy and plan to have it dry cleaned. 

Honored Contributor

@karlam wrote:

I don't have this jacket but Louis suggested that if you wash it, you might want to take it to the cleaners to have it professionally pressed.  He also said some will just prefer to just have it dry cleaned.

I have a similar jacket from Louis years ago and indeed, wash and then take to cleaners for professional pressing.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  If you'll read the product reviews there are some good descriptions of the results of washing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GingerPeach  If you'll read the product reviews there are some good descriptions of the results of washing.

@Kachina624

Which ones?  The only ones that mentioned having washed it were disappointed with how it came out.  I just went back and there weren't any new reviews.  I could use some good news on this one.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  A couple of people describe the jacket as being very wrinkled after washing, which I would expect in a garment made of cotton and Spandex.  I ruined a Bob Mackie jacket with the same lining when I washed it as instructed.  The lining after washing, hung down below the bottom of the jacket.  I was just sick because I loved the jacket.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GingerPeach  A couple of people describe the jacket as being very wrinkled after washing, which I would expect in a garment made of cotton and Spandex.  I ruined a Bob Mackie jacket with the same lining when I washed it as instructed.  The lining after washing, hung down below the bottom of the jacket.  I was just sick because I loved the jacket.

Thanks, @Kachina624

That's what I was saying in my OP. 

However, when you wrote about good descriptions, I thought you meant good results after washing.  Now I see you meant people described their washing results accurately and that it didn't wash well, ever. 

Anyway, I suppose I'm stuck with dry cleaning.  I was hoping not to be.

Thanks for jumping in.