Respected Contributor

A265615 Knit Pull-On Slim Ankle Pants...WHO KNEW????

[ Edited ]

I have only recently begun to wear slim leg pants, not leggings, can't do that at 1X in pants, but some WWC, some skinny jeans, nothing that is like a second skin, but I finally decided to try these from Linea after much dithering.  

They arrived today, Olive, and I immediately tried them on and was STUNNED, truly.  They are fabulous, especially the fabric which seems like a very expensive woven crepe, so fluid and drapey, but actually is a knit.

I love the way the triangular inset at the waist creates a great fit, love that there are no pockets which always bulge out right where I don't want that little bump, and especially love the perfectly curved waistband with the narrow elastic at the top that doesn't twist or turn, and does NOT create a muffin top.  These are so very flattering.  And comfortable too!  The stretch!  And the perfect length for me so NO hemming necessary.

Last week at the mall I was behind a beautiful couple in their twenties who looked like models.  She was wearing an army green safari jacket much like mine from Linea with pants in black just like these!!  I almost asked her about them, but decided there would be no way I could find them in my size that moved slightly as she strode along yet were slim fitting and very modern.  A bit of drape, but tapered to the ankle.  She had them turned up in a narrow cuff so they were a bit above her ankles, and wore very high wedge sandals.  

Lo and behold the Linea pants are those pants!!  The olive color is beautiful, so I ordered the black in a millisecond, and they are on their way to me.  I can recreate this look with modified strappy wedges.

Louis did say "the women love these pants!" but I just knew they would make me look like a penguin, and didn't even consider ordering them, silly silly me.......

Honored Contributor

Re: A265615 Knit Pull-On Slim Ankle Pants...WHO KNEW????

@author   What a beautifully written review!  You must indeed be an author.  You sold me; I'm going to try a pair in black.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Thank you!!  I hope I was clear that I was ever so reluctant to even consider slim, tapered pants.  It was hammered home for years by fashion gurus that a pear shaped person needed width at the hem to balance out the shape, and tapered legs were a NO.  Plus I was happy with my straight leg or even wider leg pants.

These are so out-of-the -ordinary good that I had to write a review here.  I hope they work out for you too!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own multiples of Linea's slim ankle pants from both seasons.  They are fabulous, slimming and can go dressy, professional or casual. I hope Louis never drops them from his collection.

They are so wonderful.  I never want to be without.  I own 3 black, 3 Lt. Khaki, 2 Navy, 2 Gray and 2 Olive.  As I said I love these pants.  Since I am only 5'3" they are slim full length on me.

Valued Contributor

DITTO what everyone is saying about these pants, I have them , in Navy, Black, Khaki, Olive and Gray.  Would like it if we can get Red, and a Brown. The fit is amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, for two more inches in the inseam!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I wear petites so for me 28" is the perfect full-length pant length.  I don't really care for the ankle pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@author - I own these in Black, Navy and Light Khaki.  In fact, I work the black ankle pants to an event this evening, with the Black/Cream Chanel-like jacket and long pearls. The pants are ever so comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08

I'm glad to hear the black slim pants are great too, and your outfit sounds beautiful.  I think I'll get so much use out of these with all my other pieces, from the Chanel like sweaters and jackets, to simple tops like the swing cardi and sweater, and the new sage safari jacket.  My heart be still.

Valued Contributor

@author wrote:

@Lyn08

I'm glad to hear the black slim pants are great too, and your outfit sounds beautiful.  I think I'll get so much use out of these with all my other pieces, from the Chanel like sweaters and jackets, to simple tops like the swing cardi and sweater, and the new sage safari jacket.  My heart be still.

They are indeed fabulous.  I have them in all colors. Welcome to the party!