Respected Contributor

Re: A257286....Linea Swing Coat

@loveschocolate wrote:

I have been trying to decide on whether to get this coat now that it is on clearance. Can anyone give me a review if you own this coat? Did you stay with your normal size or size down?? TIA!

@loveschocolate

I realize that this is a very old thread but I just ordered this coat today because of the great clearance price. I'm wondering if you liked the jacket and if you sized down or stayed with your normal size.

Thanks! Heart

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl, I never did order it. Seems like people stayed with their normal size. 

Respected Contributor

I have this coat in the xs which is my Linea size for just about everthing, and the fit is perfect. I don't find it big at all, and I can layer it with just a TN and scarf or heavier sweaters. It's more of an A-line which is fine with me. Real swing coats can be too much to deal with, though I do like them when they are longer.

Honored Contributor

it is at a nice price. i purchased this for my daughter a while back when it was reduced and she likes it. it is a great basic coat, not too much a swing style though. purchased for her in her regular size. she did not find it to run oversized at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I got one for my mom and she loves it.  It fits true to size though I can see how some may think it is a bit oversized.  The roominess is more a function of the a-line shape than anything else.

Respected Contributor

Thanks one and all for letting me resurrect this old thread.  Your comments are really helpful and make me feel relieved that I stayed with my normal size.  Looking forward to getting it!

Regular Contributor

I own this jacket in navy and red. Long ago, I had a very similar Anne Klein model in black that I loved and wore for years and years.  My usual Linea size small is perfect for me. I re-sewed all of the buttons on both of my jackets, using button and carpet thread. This is the only flaw in an otherwise high-quality garment.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@many_hosta

Received my coat and absolutely love it.  It is my 4th Linea piece and I'm really beginning to appreciate Louis' attention to detail.  The only issue is the one you pointed out -- I had the buttons re-sewn before wearing it for fear of losing one.  It is funny that so many of us had the same loose button experience.  Oh, well. The coat is well worth the extra effort.

Respected Contributor

Runs true to size. However I have short arms and spent a fortune having sleeves altered. My fault because I didn't aske tailor cost; I had lining and button on sleeve shortened. If I didn't have button involved it would have been cheaper.

Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Runs true to size. However I have short arms and spent a fortune having sleeves altered. My fault because I didn't aske tailor cost; I had lining and button on sleeve shortened. If I didn't have button involved it would have been cheaper.

@lavendar

You have my sympathy.  I have long arms and lengthening sleeves gets really expensive.