Esteemed Contributor

A lucky lady will be receiving my s/s top in Alabaster

My alabaster top was shipped on August 7th but I never received it.  The tracking status indicated a problem, but when I called C/S on August 14th they said there was nothing they could do until Aug. 20th (even though they agreed there was a problem after checking the tracking status).  For five days there had been no change, but over the weekend the package went from NYC (where I live) to New Jersey.  This morning the status said it was delivered back to Q in Lancaster, PA.  Spoke to C/S today and again, was told - sorry, nothing we can do.  I asked if the package could be resent and was told no - it will be sent to the next person on waitlist for a size small.  Wow!   I realize that Q isn't responsible for the USPS mistake, but now that they have the package back there is no way it can be sent to me?  Maybe if the Q had investigated last when I called twice, this could have been averted. The top in my size and color is sold out, so I can't  reorder it.  I have been a good customer for almost twenty years and spent plenty of money, but this unacceptable to me.  I've had it with the Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A lucky lady will be receiving my s/s top in Alabaster

I hate this. Same thing happened to me a few years ago with the Linea houndstooth skirt that I ordered. Was sent to someone else, they sent it back, but I was out of luck.

I know they're probably not able to reach into inventory and send you that exact sweater, but they could have offered to move you to the top slot on wait list.

Customer service here used to be so good.  They need to learn how others do it:

1.  Last night Amazon couldn't deliver a package to my place of work as it was after hours. I emailed and rather than try to reroute that package they simply sent another. It will be here THIS AFTERNOON. And, as an apology they extended my prime membership by one month. Free.

2.  I ordered from Nordstrom during the big anniversary sale. The package got lost somewhere and rather than make me wait for them to find it and redirect it, they simply sent me a new order. And, they FED EX'd it free of charge. 

That's how it done. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I would be so irritated!  

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps another way to look at the situation is there may really be a very happy lady out there that will receive the top! So things did not go as you had planned....such is life. Perhaps try to not dwell on the negative? Life is short. Smell the flowers.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have been treated super well by companies when there is a mistake.  Amazon is one of them.  

Valued Contributor

to June22:  how saccharin sweet can you get? Seriously, it's OK to be ticked off. Do we really need someone to urge us to be such a goody-good?

Trusted Contributor

@Zita wrote:

to June22:  how saccharin sweet can you get? Seriously, it's OK to be ticked off. Do we really need someone to urge us to be such a goody-good?

@Zita It is just a top....to go on and on about a top....just WHY? Be ticked off and get over it. It is called being an adult. 

Respected Contributor

If I see there is a problem in the mail....no need for me to wait until later to see what happens.  I take things in my own command and reorder that same item.   Then just incase in the mail it was lost or what ever....it comes down to this...if I want that item because it goes with something else....I place my new order again.   If the other item comes much later then QVC makes sure I do not pay shipping coming or going with that item.  

Esteemed Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@Zita wrote:

@Zita It is just a top....to go on and on about a top....just WHY? Be ticked off and get over it. It is called being an adult. 

You have your opinion on this situation and she has hers. People don't need to be told how to feel...by you. I just wonder why you felt the need to write your snotty, lecturing post in the first place and then follow it up with this condescending response. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

With this way of doing business, I don't know how QVC thinks they can compete with the other big guns in the industry.