Valued Contributor

My Take: I have been wearing this set for two days. The colors are so pretty.

I will start with the blush. It's a warm shade that looks more rose in the compact. When I apply, it becomes very warm with a bronzy peachy look. Since cool colors work best on me, this one is not as good as others of Laura's for me.  The matte shadows are soft and creamy. They apply just great. The shadow box is tiny and cute. Again, they are changing color once applied (with primer) to super warm shades.( I'm hoping the next shipments will be cool shades that won't turn color.) The lipstick is a wonderful mauve tone and the gloss is more pink. I love both of these, but the shades don't really work well with the peachy warm tones with the blush and shadow. I have that problem frequently with Laura's kits. It may be my skin and others may do fine.

The brushes I don't need. The foundation has been reviewed many times, so no need for me to add a comment. Smiley Happy

Finally, I love the set overall enough to keep it. The fact that matte dominates is a huge plus. The colors morphing  is something I've experienced before with some of Laura's shadows and the B&B of late and I'm not a fan of formulas that don't stay true. Hope this review is of value for any of you considering this kit.

Respected Contributor

Lalley ~ Thank you for the thorough review.  Matte Shadows?  And the Blush is not as Pink as it looks in the photos?  I'm in.  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Lalley ~ Thank you for the thorough review.  Matte Shadows?  And the Blush is not as Pink as it looks in the photos?  I'm in.  Heart

You are most welcome. Smiley Happy The kit makes a nice presentation. The shadows are matte, but they continue to turn to a warm muddy shade on me. I wear Light in B&B and the blush looks cherry as the name says, but again today it still changes to a bronzer look when I apply. I'm more bummed about both of these items changing colors now that I've been using the kit. I hope no one else has this happen. I still like both lip products. So, guess I will keep the kit for the B&B and lip products. Let me know what you think of your kit when it arrives. Enjoy! 

Frequent Contributor

I hope more ladies who pre order chime in on what they think.  I am on auto delivery for her latest TSV, which I love!  Ugh, I hate to miss this one too if its just as awesome.  Somebody make up mind up...ha ha.

Contributor
The price was $59.94 plus $3.00 August insider shipping now the same kit is $49.98 free shipping first shipment. I called customer service got credit $12.96 and they will adjust future shipments to correct price takes 3-5 business days. How or where will I see my credit? I don't see on my account
Frequent Contributor

@Diamondbabe wrote:
The price was $59.94 plus $3.00 August insider shipping now the same kit is $49.98 free shipping first shipment. I called customer service got credit $12.96 and they will adjust future shipments to correct price takes 3-5 business days. How or where will I see my credit? I don't see on my account

Thanks Diamondbabe. I ordered this kit early and received it. The kit is very pretty. I thought it was a bit overpriced but I went ahead and ordered it anyways. The $49.98 and free s/h is a much better deal. I had no idea they lowered the price until I read your post. I tried to get the price adjustment spent about a half and hour on the phone and she couldn't do it. Said she will have to try and send it to another department and call back in about 4 days.I was told  it is under a different item number now but the only difference I see is price the item numbers are still showing the same. I sent an email to customer service just incase. 

Respected Contributor

Hi kila ~ Good to hear that you sent an email to CS.  In my past experiences, I get better results with an email than on the phone.

Hope it gets worked out quickly.  

I ordered mine when I read here that the price had changed.  It's out there somewhere, hopefully delivered by Monday.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Hi kila ~ Good to hear that you sent an email to CS.  In my past experiences, I get better results with an email than on the phone.

Hope it gets worked out quickly.  

I ordered mine when I read here that the price had changed.  It's out there somewhere, hopefully delivered by Monday.

Hi Mistic,  glad you were able to order the kit after they lowered the price. It will save you the troubles of having to contact QVC. I had to send another email to QVC because it seemed like they didn't read the first email. They didn't answer my question at all.  It just said thanks for contacted us if you have any questions call or reply back to email. And thanks for being a valued customer.  

As for the kit  It is a very nice kit. The shadows go on nice and smooth have good pigment, the lip colors  are very nice. The blush is great too  it has a lot of pigmentation though so careful when you dip the brush in you don't need much. The colors work will with my skin tone medium tan.

Honored Contributor

@kila wrote:

@Diamondbabe wrote:

Thanks Diamondbabe. I ordered this kit early and received it. The kit is very pretty. I thought it was a bit overpriced but I went ahead and ordered it anyways. The $49.98 and free s/h is a much better deal. I had no idea they lowered the price until I read your post. I tried to get the price adjustment spent about a half and hour on the phone and she couldn't do it. Said she will have to try and send it to another department and call back in about 4 days.I was told  it is under a different item number now but the only difference I see is price the item numbers are still showing the same. I sent an email to customer service just incase. 

@kila You should post your issue in the Customer Care forum here and a Mod will help you.  The Mods are CS also and are great at taking care of order problems.

Frequent Contributor
I have using something from this kit everyday! Love it! The lipstick is s big hit for me! A mauve brown that I would call a medium shade. Creamy and long lasting. Love the blush. A warmer shade. Again mauve in tone. Lip gloss will go to a teen who loves Laura Geller. Too light for me. Shadows are matte I like the colors. Two darker shades I wet and use as liners. I am curious if the shadows are a different recipe. The container says made in USA rather than Italy. Plus I find the don't blend quite as easily as her normal baked shadows. But overall pleased so much that I will order another kit. Happy that no bag is included. Also shadow brush is stiffer than her normal so I find it works well for applying color on crease. Hope this helps!