Honored Contributor

This Non-LOGO Item Goes So Great With My LOGO

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone.  At first this may sound like a repeat of my "LOGO Lookalikes" thread but it isn't.   You all pretty much "get" what that thread is all about.  This one is intended to be about styling with LOGO using other items, mostly clothes I guess but maybe it's an accessory that goes esp. well, or whatever.  To give us ideas on how to put our outfits together but mostly to think how well a piece of clothing goes with LOGO when it isn't a LOGO piece.  We don't have to be dressed head-to-toe LOGO.   Of course this thread is prompted by an item I bought today!  Smiley Happy

I was out of town for most of the day and went to two different boutiques.  I bought two items at the first one - both of which I will be wearing mostly with LOGO black leggings. So that certainly isn't the point starting this thread.  I think we can assume we'll be wearing a lot with basic LOGO leggings.     However, it was the one item I bought at the second boutique that was a real find!   I bought a pair of  leggings, speaking of which!  These are very different and will go so great with some of my LOGO tops and also some of my other funky clothes that I've purchased at arts and crafts shows.   They are the color of LOGO's blue spruce or dark teal (which she called pretty much the same the other day).  They are much more vibrant though  because these leggings were hand-dyed and, while basically blue spruce / dark teal, they have some marbling in them.  You could probably call them tie-dyed but they are just the one basic color, with shades of it where there were "splashes" in the dying process.  They are really beautiful and artistic-looking.  And I should check the material tag (I didn't at the store) because they are ever-so-soft and have a wonderful hand.  When I put them on, it looked like ten pounds came instantaneously off my hip/thigh problem area.  I'm so happy with them - I wish they'd had another color but this was the last pair the boutique had.  I'm glad they aren't black, because theses are a dark color and very flattering and much more artsy than black.  @Trudey, I have to get out my Fr. terry with godets and zippers in the dark teal and see if the dark teals are OK to wear together. If not no problem - I'll combine them with lots of other LOGO that isn't even necessarily that color.   

I'll post specifics of items I wear with this when I do.

So what non-LOGO items do you have, esp. new ones, to wear with your LOGO?

By the way, I've written before here that I love a line of clothing called Comfy.  I've been buying that line for many years.   And each year it goes up in price, in recent years by larger and larger percentages than it used to.   I went out of town today because one boutique where I purchase it called me that they'd gotten in a new shipment.   The people on this board who complain about LOGO prices should know LOGO is not the only line increasing prices fairly dramatically.  Comfy certainly is, and has been each year that I've been buying it.  It's really getting out of sight, whereas it used to be pretty reasonable for what it was.   LOGO is not alone with her rising prices.

Respected Contributor

Re: This Non-LOGO Item Goes So Great With My LOGO

@Pearlee It sounds like you had a fun day.  Your new leggings sound great and I know you'll enjoy wearing them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like Lori is right on trend with the new sleeveless sweater tunic (A279457) that was recently presented.  I sort of liked it, but did not like that the back was so much longer than the front.  I'm sure it would not work for me at my paltry height.  Anyway, I was at Marshall's today and saw a few of these sleeveless sweater tunics.  Now I'm not saying they were as trendy as Lori's, but they are out there.  The ones at Marshall's had turtlenecks and the hem difference was not as extreme.  They appeared to be a heavier weight.  They were about $30.

@Pearlee - Enjoy your new leggings, they sound great.

Super Contributor

Thank you Pearley for all the information.

Since sizing in pants is difficult for me being pear shaped I have been hesitant to order logo pants but I did find A266360 spanx camo leggings in green that I love and fit great. I can wear numerous logo  tops ( black, lily pad, sour apple, purples) with these camos as the greens shades in the leggings are muted and subtle. On the spanx web site they have new shades/prints as qvc just has the black and green camos. Qvc just restocked the leggings so I might go back for the black camo. Great pants for ladies like me that are pear shaped IMO.

When I am out shopping I do see many Logo look alikes but just not the same feel or quality , that is why I keep buying logo.

Honored Contributor

@Pjcab  Thank you - great tip! I'm going to check those out!

That was exactly what I was intending with this thread....I hope to get more great ideas like yours. Smiley Happy

Hi Pearley,

I live in San Diego, CA  .  Enjoying  your blogs re: LOGO by Lori Goldstein.  I have purchased soo many beautiful pieces.  It takes some #courage, however, to put some of the pieces together and coordinate, and then wear it with confidence, you know what I mean ?  I'm retired from the school district, and I like creating my own style , and experimenting with quality clothing like Lori's, I've unfortunately got a "tummy", that's my problem area .  So, I'm always working with that figure imperfection, other than that, it's all cool, Lori's fabrics are fabulous and her colours as well , I've just got to get more gutsy, in wearing her apparel .  Sometimes, I think it's too much layering, especially, if you've got some weight on you .  Anyhoo, I love LOGO by Lori and am a big fan .

Honored Contributor

@barbrat1941 wrote:

Hi Pearley,

I live in San Diego, CA  .  Enjoying  your blogs re: LOGO by Lori Goldstein.  I have purchased soo many beautiful pieces.  It takes some #courage, however, to put some of the pieces together and coordinate, and then wear it with confidence, you know what I mean ?  I'm retired from the school district, and I like creating my own style , and experimenting with quality clothing like Lori's, I've unfortunately got a "tummy", that's my problem area .  So, I'm always working with that figure imperfection, other than that, it's all cool, Lori's fabrics are fabulous and her colours as well , I've just got to get more gutsy, in wearing her apparel .  Sometimes, I think it's too much layering, especially, if you've got some weight on you .  Anyhoo, I love LOGO by Lori and am a big fan .

Hi @barbrat1941 . If you are a LOGO clothing fan, I'm really glad you found us in this subforum.  I'm also glad you "own your own style" and are putting her outfits together.  Most of us who post here don't layer much, so never feel obliged to!   Most of the times I layer is to wear something underneath one of her cardis (one of her tanks). Looking forward to more of your posts....esp. during one of her shows in "real time!" which is fun. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My new green hand dyed leggings just washed up beautifully - no color fading which I feared (I used Dreft as usual when I want to preserve color).

Valued Contributor

What a great idea for a thread @Pearlee. I look forward to picking up styling tips. I have more Logo tops than pants and am on the lookout for leggings. I found leggings that are patterned, soft, and really different that I buy to go with Logo tops as well. They are from a company called sweet legs in Canada. They have so many colors and patterns that I can find a pair for any Logo top I have. Right now I an wearing a camo pair with an embellished LOGO top for a BBQ. My newest pair has snowflakes that I look forward to wearing with heavier tops when the weather gets cooler. Lucky for me they deliver to US.

Super Contributor

Pearly, I hope you like them if you do get them, like I said they have new and interesting colors/prints at the spanx web site. The reviews for the spanx camos are helpful at the qvc page.