Respected Contributor

Question A272858 Logo striped. Knit tank with asymmetric hem

Loving this top. I love colors shown blue lagoon/Fr mint and Maple/rosewood - can anyone suggest cardigan/s to match with either of these two colors as I need coverage on upper arms.

Have tried researching but am not very knowledgeable on Logo colors any help greatly appreciated.   Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question A272858 Logo striped. Knit tank with asymmetric hem

@dulwich  I really suggest you search Goldstein cardigan and then look at all of them!

Here is one she just came out with in the maple color that I'm coveting - I have three of the other colors from last year.  A274083

She has done a lot of garments in maple.  I really think you should do a search of maple cardis.  I would definitely wear maple with that tank in the maple/rose-whatever choice.   I really don't have any suggestions for the new mariner blue-type choice.   Her lily pad cardis might work, but I'm not sure.   Most of her blue ones that I own wouldn't be a good choice (that item number I gave you for the maple also comes in a blue mist but I'm not sure that goes with the tank).

Honored Contributor

@dulwich   By the way, the shell color in that cardi I just mentioned A274083  would be a great match with the maple stripe tank because I think the lace at the bottom is maple. 

Super Contributor

@dulwich  I scanned quickly thru the cardigans looking for matches.  I definitely think the maple will be easier than the blue to come up with a match but I don't wear lots of LOGO blue so I'm not a good authority there.  One cardigan that came to mind because I own it is A264581 - it's an older cardigan and it's rather "fussy" at the bottom but I didn't know what weight you were looking for.  This is definitely a spring/summer cardigan.  I have the seashore blue which made me think of it but it also comes in sweet mint so don't know how close that is to her fresh mint in the striped tank.  The cardigan that @Pearlee mentioned would be a good choice for the maple tank.

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS wrote:

@dulwich  I scanned quickly thru the cardigans looking for matches.  I definitely think the maple will be easier than the blue to come up with a match but I don't wear lots of LOGO blue so I'm not a good authority there.  One cardigan that came to mind because I own it is A264581 - it's an older cardigan and it's rather "fussy" at the bottom but I didn't know what weight you were looking for.  This is definitely a spring/summer cardigan.  I have the seashore blue which made me think of it but it also comes in sweet mint so don't know how close that is to her fresh mint in the striped tank.  The cardigan that @Pearlee mentioned would be a good choice for the maple tank.

@KimSKS  Not meaning any offense here, because I know you have a good eye for fashion, but I'm not really loving that cardi you mention to go with the striped tank.  The cool part of the tank, when layered, is the asymmetric hem, with the cool stripes going in different directions.  I think the "fussy" part  at the sides of the cardi you mentioned would compete too much for the eye for the asymmetric corners of the hemline of the tank.  There would be just too much going on at those sides!  I also think the tank is pretty casual and the cardi with the chiffon is more dressy.   Can they be worn together?  Of course (anything goes with everything!) but if I owned the two items I probably wouldn't wear them together.

Sweet mint though is definitely a good idea for matching the greenish-bluish (marine blue?)  tank.  By the way, FYI to @dulwich, the cardi KimSKS mentioned comes in petite and regular.

Super Contributor

I understand what you're saying about the fussy part of the cardigan competing with the bottom of the tank but you're going to see the effect of the different direction of the stripes with the cardigan. What I completely agree with you is the fact that that cardigan can be considered dressier with the chiffon than the tank. Looks like sweet mint might be a lighter version of her fresh mint. She doesn't do much with sweet mint anymore so maybe this year she'll do more with the fresh mint
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@KimSKS wrote:

@KimSKS  Not meaning any offense here, because I know you have a good eye for fashion, but I'm not really loving that cardi you mention to go with the striped tank.  The cool part of the tank, when layered, is the asymmetric hem, with the cool stripes going in different directions.  I think the "fussy" part  at the sides of the cardi you mentioned would compete too much for the eye for the asymmetric corners of the hemline of the tank.  There would be just too much going on at those sides!  I also think the tank is pretty casual and the cardi with the chiffon is more dressy.   Can they be worn together?  Of course (anything goes with everything!) but if I owned the two items I probably wouldn't wear them together.

Sweet mint though is definitely a good idea for matching the greenish-bluish (marine blue?)  tank.  By the way, FYI to @dulwich, the cardi KimSKS mentioned comes in petite and regular.

@Pearlee and @KimSKS What do you think about macrame with the maple/rosewood? For the blue lagoon/sweet mint, how about blue pearl, blue mist or cocoa? Or possibly rose taupe for either color tank?

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Slub-Cardigan-with-Pockets.product.A275024.h...

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-French-Terry-Cardigan-with-Thermal-Sleeves.product....

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-French-Terry-Cardigan-with-Waffle-Panels.product.A2...

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-Ribbed-Knit-Drape-Front-Cardigan.product.A282162.ht...

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Waffle-Knit-Cardigan-with-Patch-Pockets.product.A282807.ht...

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-French-Terry-Open-Front-Cardigan.product.A261065.ht...

Honored Contributor

@aprimo  I think I already addressed blue mist in my post above!

Don't have time to check those links now - will do so later.

Super Contributor

@aprimo   Great ideas, I love to "see"  how others put together colors and Love how you and others  add the links.... makes it easy 😊

Super Contributor

@aprimo  I like the idea of cocoa - a really nice contrast and doesn't look like you tried to match and missed.......