Honored Contributor

@violet runner  No, not yet.  I'm fine with canceling my coral one - it's fine, don't worry!

Trusted Contributor

I received my cardigans in the antique stone and the palm green today. The antique stone cardigan arrived a wrinkled mess. It looks like someone slept with it wadded up under their mattress! I'll need to steam it. I'm surprised and happy that it has a little more beige in it than grey. It fits very well. I still haven't taken the palm green cardigan out of the plastic packaging. It appears to be nicely folded and not nearly as wrinkled. Thank goodness. If it fits as well as the stone I'll be keeping both of these. They'll be perfect for spring and summer evenings.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

First off ladies, let me say I found this appropriate thread to post on by feeding A273362 into the board's search function!  Voila! It took me right to the thread.  

@Biftu  I thought the green shade is very pretty once I took it out of the plastic bag! Smiley Happy  I'm not really seeing gray tones to it, in any event, nothing that washed me out although I would have looked better with a bit brighter green. Nevertheless, this green is a pretty shade.  Mine was wrinkled but only from where it was folded.  Those of you who got a wrinkled mess, sorry but this sweater is linen which, by definition, wrinkles!  

I'm not liking it much and it has nothing to do with the color of it, so @Peg , my not liking it means I'm really happy I canceled my coral.  First off, it's pretty shapeless in terms of how it hangs on me.  Second, I know about linen so probably shouldn't have ordered it, as I don't want to keep having to steam it out before each wearing.  It certainly doesn't "do" anyting for me that's flattering, and I'm not liking how the front hangs longer than the back (or maybe I just didn't adjust it properly).

I have to look back to see how much I paid for it. I can see some usefulness for summer using it over some of my many tees with embroidery in them that has green somewhere in the pattern (old tees I bought long ago in an "embroidery" phase but still like and wear).  It can be a useful garment, but I also know right off the bat I won't be reaching for it often.  I think this is one where I'm going to think a couple of days about whether to send it back or keep it and not lose the postage cost.  Right now I'm heavily leaning toward returning it.  This was a good lesson in not getting something because it's OK and a good deal.  For me, this one is just OK.   Surprisingly, the sleeves aren't as long on me as I expected them to be!

Respected Contributor

Still haven't received mine; bit of a joke.....

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee The cardigan was priced at $32.94. I wouldn't be keeping mine if it hadn't been at the LTS price. The regular price @ $64.92 would be a deal breaker. I finally tried on the green and surprisingly I don't like it as much as the antique stone. I think the green looks a bit washed out.

@Justice4all Sadly, it looks like your order is taking the scenic route. Smiley Sad

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

@divine

I doubt the scenic route; it's probably stuck in some dark greasy corner somewhere 'till someone notices it and kicks it back in motion! Teehee

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

First off ladies, let me say I found this appropriate thread to post on by feeding A273362 into the board's search function!  Voila! It took me right to the thread.  

@Biftu  I thought the green shade is very pretty once I took it out of the plastic bag! Smiley Happy  I'm not really seeing gray tones to it, in any event, nothing that washed me out although I would have looked better with a bit brighter green. Nevertheless, this green is a pretty shade.  Mine was wrinkled but only from where it was folded.  Those of you who got a wrinkled mess, sorry but this sweater is linen which, by definition, wrinkles!  

@I'm not liking it much and it has nothing to do with the color of it, so @Peg , my not liking it means I'm really happy I canceled my coral.  First off, it's pretty shapeless in terms of how it hangs on me.  Second, I know about linen so probably shouldn't have ordered it, as I don't want to keep having to steam it out before each wearing.  It certainly doesn't "do" anyting for me that's flattering, and I'm not liking how the front hangs longer than the back (or maybe I just didn't adjust it properly).

I have to look back to see how much I paid for it. I can see some usefulness for summer using it over some of my many tees with embroidery in them that has green somewhere in the pattern (old tees I bought long ago in an "embroidery" phase but still like and wear).  It can be a useful garment, but I also know right off the bat I won't be reaching for it often.  I think this is one where I'm going to think a couple of days about whether to send it back or keep it and not lose the postage cost.  Right now I'm heavily leaning toward returning it.  This was a good lesson in not getting something because it's OK and a good deal.  For me, this one is just OK.   Surprisingly, the sleeves aren't as long on me as I expected them to be!

@Pearlee - At least you liked the color and didn't see any grey tones.  As I mentioned, I do have this in coral and really haven't felt the need to steam it every time I wore it.  The linen blend is one reason it appeals to me.  I am a big summer linen fan.  Not one of my favorites, but found it useful and easy to carry on cooler summer nights because it is so light weight.  Try it on again,  but if you feel you won't wear it it's not worth keeping.