Esteemed Contributor

Lunchtime Special 2/13

[ Edited ]

A267901 - Open front cocoon cardigan

A269663 - Lounge french terry scoop neck top with lace trim

A279443 - Layers sweater knit tank

A262467 - Layers V neck tank with split back

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to try the sweater tank in black cherry.   Thanks for posting, @Biftu!

Esteemed Contributor

@Peg wrote:

I'm going to try the sweater tank in black cherry.   Thanks for posting, @Biftu!

@violet runner - Me too.

Super Contributor

I tried the sweater tank in the green.

Honored Contributor

I need help!  Does anyone - @Biftu maybe?  - have the Lounge item A269663 ?:  Some reviews say it runs large and to go down a size which is what the click measurements tell me, but many reviews say it runs true to size.    Help - anyone who has it?  I need to go whether to go down a size or not.  It's already probably too short as it is so if I go down to the small it'll be even shorter.   I'm going to have to wear a tank under this one as is to lengthen it (I have plenty to wear).    I'm afraid from the click measurements it would be too large and boxy in my usual size medium...although of course the click remasurements can be wrong.  So many reviewers say it fits true to size.  Please help if you have this!  I have the smal and medium in my cart!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@I need help!  Does anyone - @Biftu maybe?  - have the Lounge item A269663 ?:  Some reviews say it runs large and to go down a size which is what the click measurements tell me, but many reviews say it runs true to size.    Help - anyone who has it?  I need to go whether to go down a size or not.  It's already probably too short as it is so if I go down to the small it'll be even shorter.   I'm going to have to wear a tank under this one as is to lengthen it (I have plenty to wear).    I'm afraid from the click measurements it would be too large and boxy in my usual size medium...although of course the click remasurements can be wrong.  So many reviewers say it fits true to size.  Please help if you have this!  I have the smal and medium in my cart!

@Pearlee - Sorry, I don't have this top.  It is short and would most likely need a tank under it.  On sizing, not sure what to tell you, I wish I could help.  Have you ever ordered a small in lounge?  Hard to always trust the measurements and sometimes the reviewers.  Hate these decisions, but hope someone who has it can help.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Thanks for your response.   I thought, as a shorter piece, you might own it.

I saw it last night before I went to bed but decided not to buy it, with all I'd bought on Saturday.  But this morning I had a change of heart because I have a lot of things to wear with that color, both over it and under it.

Yes, I have the frou-frou Lounge cardi in size small in two colors (cocoa anc buttercup) that fit fine, and also that cardi with faux suede and fr. terry that went on sale (former TSV - now below the sale price) in small and one other TSV with faux suede - her first one - in small.  Those all ran large.    

I saw right before I read your post that the medium went on waitlist so since I had one reserved in my cart, I went ahead and ordered it in medium.  The small is still available in that vintage lace color so maybe I can exchange mine if the medium is way too large.   I guess better in a sweatshirt style top, esp. when I'll need to wear a tank underneath it, that it be too big than too small.  I shouldn't be buying it at all, since it's only OK but I do have a lot of uses for it if it works.   

Thanks again for your input.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  Thanks for your response.   I thought, as a shorter piece, you might own it.

I saw it last night before I went to bed but decided not to buy it, with all I'd bought on Saturday.  But this morning I had a change of heart because I have a lot of things to wear with that color, both over it and under it.

Yes, I have the frou-frou Lounge cardi in size small in two colors (cocoa anc buttercup) that fit fine, and also that cardi with faux suede and fr. terry that went on sale (former TSV - now below the sale price) in small and one other TSV with faux suede - her first one - in small.  Those all ran large.    

I saw right before I read your post that the medium went on waitlist so since I had one reserved in my cart, I went ahead and ordered it in medium.  The small is still available in that vintage lace color so maybe I can exchange mine if the medium is way too large.   I guess better in a sweatshirt style top, esp. when I'll need to wear a tank underneath it, that it be too big than too small.  I shouldn't be buying it at all, since it's only OK but I do have a lot of uses for it if it works.   

Thanks again for your input.

@Pearlee - I think you made the right decision in getting the medium.  I know, I fall for these just ok LTSs often, but if it works well with pieces you already have it is worth the price.  Hope this works for you.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

A267901 - Open front cocoon cardigan

A269663 - Lounge french terry scoop neck top with lace trim

A279443 - Layers sweater knit tank

A262467 - Layers V neck tank with split back

@So I just tried this on.  @Biftu, getting my usual size medium was the right thing to do (if you recall, some reviews said it was huge and boxy so, from the click measurements, I was trying to decide on small or medium).  I think it would have been too small in the small.  It is a boxy cut but not huge.  I got the vintage lace color, which is pretty but a bit "blah" too.

It's OK - I really need to stop spending money on these OK good-deal LTS items and just get the jaw-droppers, even if I pay full price.  This is back up to a price of $41 now (no way worth it!) and my total with S&H was $27.  I guess I'll keep it for that price but it's only OK.  It is comfortable and good for spring.  The Fr terry is lightweight and soft, and it has 3/4 length sleeves.  The lace is terrible - very thin and cheap-looking and I can see why some reviewers said it disintegrated in the wash.  It just doesn't seem like good quality or very substantial.  Much to my surprise this isn't too short on me.  I posted above that I was sure I'd need to wear a tank underneath it to cover my hip area but that's not so. This one would be a great length for you.   If I keep it, I'd only wear it to run around doing errands - I wouldn't wear it if I were "going somewhere" where I wanted to feel confident in what I'm wearing.  It's pretty good though for wearing under Fr. terry cardis since it's a lightweight Fr terry.  I think I'll wash this ASAP and see whether the lace even holds up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - I totally agree with you about LTSs.  Unless it is something I really wanted from the past, I am going to try my best to pass on them.  Why do we always fall for a deal!  When I look through my pieces from way back I can truly see how this line has evolved in design and fabrics and think as you do that its best to save that money for newer pieces we really love.

Sometimes we need pieces just to hang around in or do quick errands and this may be the top for that.  But if it is something you would rarely wear, who needs it cluttering up your closet -- save that space for things we feel great in.  Thanks for your review.