Valued Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW SATURDAY 2/18

[ Edited ]

Actually I sent back the dark blue one and got the ruffle hoodie in antique taupe to replace it, which I love BTW. But if the presentation convinces me I might get it anyway. I have never had this many cardis in my life, why be practical now with the new colors. They do seem dark for a spring palette but I just love the dusty redwood, grays and elm.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Honored Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

Actually I sent back the dark blue one and got the ruffle hoodie in antique taupe to replace it, which I love BTW. But if the presentation convinces me I might get it anyway. I have never had this many cardis in my life, why be practical now with the new colors. They do seem dark for a spring palette but I just love the dusty redwood, grays and elm.

@Debzzz  Oh yes, the blue one!  Sorry, I'd misrembered that.

As for the antique taupe one, that's a different style you got right?  With the lace bottom, the one I have in hydrangea?

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS wrote:

With spring coming - my LOGO purchases will start to become fewer which my credit card will appreciate.  I just can't wear her spring palette with the light colors - I get completely washed out.  Will be looking for her random darker, saturated colors that pop up occasionally.  Nothing calling my name yet for Saturday but I'll be watching...

I feel the same way.  I like either darker shades or stronger colors.  Many of her tops have very pale muted colors and occasionally black for summer which I like. But I also like wearing a color not just black...I like a deep blue or cobalt, violet, olive green, etc. I simply can't wear macrame, willow, the many shades of coral ....my worst color of all!... or those pale blue shades that she favors. The only light color that I like is a light gray or "mink gray" in her line.

Honored Contributor

Pearly, I am considering that tie dye top with coordinating cardigan.  I like it in the green.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9  Love the green too - it looks like a very pretty green.

IMO I think the matching cardi is a bit "much"with it, plus I wouldn't ever want to cover up the back of that top, which is so funky and "makes" the top so special!  I know  @Debzzz ordered the cardi that matches but it didn't tempt me in the least.  And again, I don't want to cover up the back!

Super Contributor

I received my tie-dye top yesterday but didn't get it tried on - the cardigan should be in the mail today.  I'll let you know what I think about the 2 pieces together.  I agree with @Pearlee though - I hate the idea of covering the cute back.  It was an impulse buy when she showed the 2 items together and that they matched.  I almost feel like the cardigan seems a little dressier with the chiffon than the top so will let you know my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS wrote:

I received my tie-dye top yesterday but didn't get it tried on - the cardigan should be in the mail today.  I'll let you know what I think about the 2 pieces together.  I agree with @Pearlee though - I hate the idea of covering the cute back.  It was an impulse buy when she showed the 2 items together and that they matched.  I almost feel like the cardigan seems a little dressier with the chiffon than the top so will let you know my opinion.

Kim, Too many of my purchases are impulse buys!  I'm anxious to hear how you like the two pieces. 

Pearley, I agree that the top by itself is extra special and interesting.  I don't mind covering it up though and taking it off it gets too warm to wear  but I'm wonderng if it might be too much as well.

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Pearlee for the posts. I did order the hoodie ( I mentioned it in another thread). I hope it's not a split back. It looked like it could be a really cool offset panel. I am going to miss the show and really like the sea green color but went with gray. I can try and hope its not split... If it is I'll just send it back. Loved the pink mist slub top too. 

Honored Contributor

It really looks to me in the one photo of the back that the fr. terry cardi has a split like a split back only it's off-center!  Just to make it a little different.  That may not be as bad in terms of accentuating the butt as being directly centered, but still.....it sure looks like an off-center split back.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

It really looks to me in the one photo of the back that the fr. terry cardi has a split like a split back only it's off-center!  Just to make it a little different.  That may not be as bad in terms of accentuating the butt as being directly centered, but still.....it sure looks like an off-center split back.

The more I look at the photo of the back the more I'm thinking that it's just an offset panel and not split...keeping my fingers crossed on that!...since I broke down and ordered one in basic black.  I really hope that it's presented this afternoon.