Valued Contributor

Re: LOGO LOOKALIKES - OTHER QVC BRANDS THAT LOOK LIKE LOGO

[ Edited ]

When I used to work for a designer/manufacturer and sold in a small, artistic show in NY for market, all of the designers in the show were frequently surprised that they would often have many similar characteristics in their clothes for a particular season. It seems that sleeves, shapes, lengths, details, fabrics, etc sort of follow as there are only so many things that can be done to create fresh styles. When a designer finishes a collection -which occurs a year in advance of sales - he/she is pretty tired of it and looks for inspiration to do something different. It is just a natural progression. And that inspiration is everywhere - nature, fabrics, architecture, furniture shapes, pets, gardens. Sometimes a particular style of top is needed to flatter a particular pant in the line. 

Then there are are the trend forecasts that companies pay big bucks for each year. These dictate many of the styles you see reflected in finished products through many lines in the following seasons. It is probably more that the trend forecasters have said it will be popular than that another designer did it.

Then there are the manufacturers who blatantly and quickly interpret/copy a designer's work. Or "interpret" a high end couture design that is years ahead of a trend. 

Lori seems to be an artist who has always created fashion and it is fun to see her have a forum for designing where she can introduce more interesting and artistic pieces for those who want this in mass produced garments rather than small run boutique pieces. 

All of the Q designers have to "sell" their designs to the Q buying teams so it stands to reason at this huge company that lines might have similarities. I appreciate having the choice of fabrics, sizing, prices, etc. I don't know how much is purposeful, how much is inspired, and how much comes from the trend studies that the Q pays for. 

And I appreciate this thread because it shows me choices without having to go search for them. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey:  what do you think of this skirt in black to wear with some of your LOGO?  It might not be right for your new aqua top that you waitlisted in pink, but it sure looks like it would work for a lot of LOGO!  Funk it up!

A274564

Oh Trudey, I spoke too soon. The black is sold out in medium and small (I was thinking of ordering it!).  Maybe another color, depending upon what LOGO you own?  It's rayon span - could go with a lot of LOGO!

Respected Contributor

@Pearley. I like the asymmetric hemline on tops but know so much in skirts...not sure why.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trudey:  what do you think of this skirt in black to wear with some of your LOGO?  It might not be right for your new aqua top that you waitlisted in pink, but it sure looks like it would work for a lot of LOGO!  Funk it up!

A274564

Oh Trudey, I spoke too soon. The black is sold out in medium and small (I was thinking of ordering it!).  Maybe another color, depending upon what LOGO you own?  It's rayon span - could go with a lot of LOGO!

@Pearlee - take a look at A275443, but this skirt is full price.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Thank you - that one is even cuter IMO.   But I'm not looking for a skirt to buy - Trudey was.   I appreciate your pointing that out though. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

As most of you know, Logo Links is made by Joan Rivers' jewelry company.   I thought I'd share a JR statement necklace I bought as a LTS last week for about $58, much cheaper than the Links that are not on clearance.  It's now just a few dollars more than what I paid and both color choices are still  available.

I got mine, which I ordered in the marsala, today and it's gorgeous!  I love the colors which, admittedly, are more for fall unless you are wearing your boysenberry kz tee in May, as kz will!  Smiley Happy  It's not for the faint of heart - it's pretty darn big and indeed makes a statement.  I don't like the other color choice so much.  It looks very much like a LOGO Links statement necklace, esp. the antique gold chain.  It  will go with lots of LOGO and is still at a pretty darn good price.

http://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Jeweled-Statement-Necklace-on-18-Curb-Chain.product.J317405.html?sc=J...

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I know you were at one time interested in the LOGO culottes and I can't remember now whether you ever got them.  The D&C  Logo-ish line has a pair featured tomorrow on Fashion Day --- from their line that "copies" LOGO to some extent.  These look longer than the LOGO ones too (for you taller gals) and are considerably cheaper.

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-Active-Culotte-Pants-with-Forward-Seaming-Detail.product.A277657.html...

Honored Contributor

Or maybe I'm mistaken that that's the D&C LOGO-ish line. I can't remember all the names of these lines!   At any rate...there is a cheaper pair of culottes!

Super Contributor

I just finished reading this thread and yes, designers copy each other as many has stated. I have purchased B&M and Q items that are very similar to LOGO but the main difference that I have noticed is the fabric. The fabric content and percentage of each may be the same, example rayon/span, polyester, cotton, etc. but there are different qualities of that fabric. Some feel like silk, others like burlap which would explain price difference. If I find a similar item that is not LOGO, I will probably still purchase the LOGO because I prefer the 'feel' of her fabrics.