Valued Contributor

Re: LOGO LOOKALIKES - OTHER QVC BRANDS THAT LOOK LIKE LOGO

@Pearlee wrote:

@sam96 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sam96 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu   The Bob Mackie version of our new cardi LOL!  Smiley Happy

http://www.qvc.com/Bob-Mackies-LinenRayon-Geometric-Cutout-Jacket.product.A202160.html?sc=A202160-24...

@Pearlee The 5 star reviews on the Bob Mackie jacket date back 6 years to 2010...pre dating the new Logo cardi, correct? So wouldn't the Logo cardi then be a riff on the Bob Mackie jacket, and not the other way around?

@sam96I admit the Mackie is older, which I knew when I posted because I've seen it presented for years, but I don't think my original statement infers that either one was first, other than indicating to Biftu that our cardi is new.  I don't read my statement as implying one is a "riff" on the other - only that Bob has a version of it.  Nothing was intended that he "took off" on Lori's or vice versa.   Saying something is Bob's "version" doesn't imply to me that it was a ripoff of Lori's or later in time - only that he has done one that is similar to Biftu & my new one.

My mistake then, @Pearlee , for the intention of this thread.  I thought it was about how other Q brands were copying/trending Logo due to its success.

@sam96   Thanks.  No, that wasn't the intent.  If you read my first post, my initial thought was saving some money!

@Pearlee I think I should read the entire thread. I was referencing what you wrote back on page 5, so I think I'm just misunderstanding something?

Re: LOGO LOOKALIKES - OTHER QVC BRANDS THAT LOOK LIKE LOGO [ Edited ]
Options
‎02-29-2016 02:27 PM - edited

@beach ladydrb wrote:
Amazon has a few brands that are very similar to Logo, about half the price.
@beach ladydrb Thanks. Yes, I think a lot of places do. I wasn't clear but I think my motivation in starting this thread - at least at the back of my mind - was how many Q styles copied Logo and (in a broader thought) how many Q styles start resembling each other across the board. I remember when D&C started making a lot of QF-like styles after QF introduced them. And then when I started seeing LOGO styles get popular, I started seeing them in other QVC lines too. I think there are definitely people directing other lines at Q to start copying the lines that do well, such as LOGO. And at cheaper prices (the D&C QF-like items were cheaper too). So I mostly had QVC lines in mind with this thread.

Honored Contributor

@sam96 Well, always best to read the entire thread yes, and again, my first post.  It was in the "back of my mind" as I posted on page 5 but my first post tells why I posted.  And some QVC lines have copied other lines as they became popular, such as D&C making QF - like items when QF was so successful and now D&C's Studio line imitatin LOGO.  I didn't mean every single designer everywhere.  I'm done with this though.  As I told you in my first post to you, I don't think my post about Bob Mackie ever indicated anywhere - specifically that Mackie post - that LOGO was before Mackie rather than vice versa.   It does pay to read a thread so you get everything in context.  Again, this isn't worh belaboring any more.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee clearly my attempts to be an active participant on this thread are not welcome, so I will depart.  I was merely trying to engage in what appeared to be an open thread on a public forum.  I did not realize that I was mistaken in that assumption.

Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

A new D&C Studio item - looks Logo inspired to me - even one of the color is "antique rose"    A276104

Valued Contributor

The rayon spandex combination is everywhere, so in that respect I see the similarity to LOGO. Some of them have a little more "beefiness" than what I have purchased, from LOGO, although there are variations within her line. Wish those replying would include links to outside products where available. The ones I have seen have been at local boutiques, so none available. I did purchase two, both on sale and good deals. One is short sleaved and water colored and could easily be LOGO, while the other is a saturated teal and long sleeved with tonal embroidered lace on the bottom, also very LOGO-ish.

Honored Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

The rayon spandex combination is everywhere, so in that respect I see the similarity to LOGO. Some of them have a little more "beefiness" than what I have purchased, from LOGO, although there are variations within her line. Wish those replying would include links to outside products where available. The ones I have seen have been at local boutiques, so none available. I did purchase two, both on sale and good deals. One is short sleaved and water colored and could easily be LOGO, while the other is a saturated teal and long sleeved with tonal embroidered lace on the bottom, also very LOGO-ish.

@cotto22  No, no, no!  It's against the board rules to provide links to other products and the mods will delete those posts or entire thread.   No links! 

QVC doesn't want us to link to competitors' products, although we are allowed to post photos of them without links to them.

Honored Contributor

This Joan Rivers LTS necklace  today looks like the same mold as one of the LOGO Links necklaces:

http://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Edwardian-Style-Faux-Pearl-18-Necklace-w-3-Extender.product.J323410.h...

Honored Contributor

A much less expensive Denim and Co. alternative to Lori's crop pants with banded bottom:  A275912

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-Active-Cropped-Jogger-Pants-with-Pockets.product.A275912.html?sc=A275...

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I saw these too. Wondered what the material is actually  like? I have ordered D&C a couple of times and didn't like the fit or the material.  Their jersey knit I find too synthetic feeling if that is such a thing.  

On this same topic- let us know about the top at your boutique. I bet it's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Peg wrote:

@Pearlee, I saw these too. Wondered what the material is actually  like? I have ordered D&C a couple of times and didn't like the fit or the material.  Their jersey knit I find too synthetic feeling if that is such a thing.  

On this same topic- let us know about the top at your boutique. I bet it's beautiful.

@violet runner  This, for me too. It's too heavy (esp. for hotter weather) and too much spandex.

Thanks about the boutique.  I'm sure I'm not buying that top so why on earth am I going to be tempted again?