Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO LOOKALIKES - OTHER QVC BRANDS THAT LOOK LIKE LOGO

@Pearlee  You hit the nail on the head Ms Pearley - TONS of all these styles in B&M for so much less, hence the reason I no longer shop here.  Why would I - or you? 

Respected Contributor

So anything with an asymmetrical hem or layered look is logo inspired?  I don't think she invented it and fashion designers always riff off each others fashion shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AterEgo wrote:
1st of all, I am also surprised at the additional show. I just didn't feel like there was enough variety in her line (and I have my fair share of it too!), but they do continue to add new things (including jewelry and shoes) and have proven me wrong.

But, to the OPs point - as others have pointed out, LOGO didn't create this look. Regardless of your comment that you are only talking about QVC brands, your flaw is thinking the trend started with LOGO.

For example, banded French terry pants - bought mine from H&M 1-2 years ago. There's nothing particularly unique about the look. But, if you want to get specific about the two you posted, there is enough difference there - the pockets are different (LOGO more sporty), the band at the bottom appears different, and I would guess the back is different (can't see as the PTB decided to post photos of Graver's pant in navy and can't see details well on phone.)

@Alter Ego    And your flaw is thinking that I ever thought that.  I never posted that anywhere, nor did I ever think that. Please don't attribute thoughts to me that I never had or posted.  I started this thread for the folks who like and buy LOGO.  Your thought above with regard to me is completely erroneous.  

@Lipstickdiva  Do you have thoughts  to respond to the thread titie?

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Pearlee  You hit the nail on the head Ms Pearley - TONS of all these styles in B&M for so much less, hence the reason I no longer shop here.  Why would I - or you? 

@PINKdogWOOD  Because I like the LOGO line, and I for one don't think much of what is at B&M stores is equivalent to LOGO, even if it resembles LOGO.   Even the few lookalike QVC pieces I have ordered that looked like her line were not the same, for one reason or another.

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I used to ask myself this question @PINKdogWOOD.

And over the years I have found that I'd prefer to purchase something more expensive (and I'm not just talking LOGO) with the style I like than the cheaper version because quality and price per wear means more to me than the original purchase price.  I'd rather have something that I've been wearing for 5+ years and still going strong than an item I got at a discount store that lasted maybe a season.

Now, if I can find a higher priced brand that I know and love on clearance or even on ebay, you know that's what I'm going to buy first!  I'm not opposed to a lower price tag but sometimes getting something at the lower price doesn't always save money in the long run.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

So anything with an asymmetrical hem or layered look is logo inspired?  I don't think she invented it and fashion designers always riff off each others fashion shows.

@traveler Nor do I think she invented it, nor did I post that or even imply that.  Those of you who think I did are reading things into my posts that simply aren't there.  I am merely making observations, nothing more, nor did I ever state there was anything more to it. I never posted who or what started anything.

Honored Contributor

Graver open front cardigan with pockets, on this morning looks like a few of LOGOs cardigans:  A260481:

http://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Brush-Back-Knit-Open-Front-Cardigan.product.A260481.html?sc=A260481-...

For just one example:  A251199

http://www.qvc.com/As-Is-LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Sweater-Knit-Draped-Cardigan.product.A251199.html?sc...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking me in the post above.  I thought I did respond to the title.  In reading further responses, I didn't realize this thread was for those who like LOGO.  The thread title certainly doesn't indicate that to me.

As far as your last post comparing the Graver open front cardigan to the LOGO one, maybe from the front they are somewhat similar but other than that, the Graver one is more classic and one that I think could be worn for years while the LOGO one is more trendy, given the back detail on it.  I'd honestly rather have the Graver one if I had to choose because I don't think the back of the LOGO would be flattering on me.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There have been designers doing this look prior to LOGO.  

It seems these sharkbite, asymetrical, uneven hem, embellished hem tops are really trending but eventually like everything else, the look will be over and then everyone is going to have to find something else to do.  And eventually, they'll come back again.     

@Lipstickdiva   This doesn't respond to what this thread is about.  All you did was comment the style of her clothes.   I don't see any example of any garment by another QVC line similar to LOGO's as I exemplified in my first post.  That is what my comment to you meant.  Now let's just drop it.  You wanted to make a LOGO comment and you did, but you did not respond to what this thread is about.

Honored Contributor

I have also noticed tops similar to Logo on the Q and in stores. I was surprised the first time I saw D & Co. offer a shark bite loose and flowy top on air about a year ago. I guess every brand wants to jump on the bandwagon and make money while the trend is hot. I think the popularity of these tops is related to the athleisure trend of comfortable loose fitting tops with leggings or yoga pants for casual wear. Personally, not my style.