Valued Contributor

Re: LOGO 5-Pocket Jeans with Frayed Hem A288052

@violet runner I remembering embroidering vines down the leg and flowers (daisies) at the bottom for myself and my friends. We would also make them super bells by adding a triangle of velvet (would that properly be called a godet?) on the leg. I remember cutting up my sisters purple velvet prom gown and using the fabric lol. Don't laugh it was the 70's.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Debzzz wrote:

@violet runner I remembering embroidering vines down the leg and flowers (daisies) at the bottom for myself and my friends. We would also make them super bells by adding a triangle of velvet (would that properly be called a godet?) on the leg. I remember cutting up my sisters purple velvet prom gown and using the fabric lol. Don't laugh it was the 70's.

@Debzzz: Pictures, we need pictures! Velvet godets on denim jeans, sigh.

Valued Contributor

I recieved my jeans last night. I ordered both colors in my usual size (10). I absolutely love these jeans. They are really cute and fit really well. Actually perfect. Comfortable and flatering at the same time. I remember I think @Pearlee wondering about the bottom leg opening being to wide. They do flair a very slight bit on me but not much really. I think it makes them interesting and if you are interested Pearley it isn't a deal breaker.

I love the posts about designing our jeans in the past. @Debzzz love the prom dress reference. 

@1Professor thank you for starting this thread. Happy blue jean girl here!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I looked at the reviews on these  and  they aren't too good compared to  the ones on this thread. An overall of 2.5 out of 5 so far. @Mellie2 you ordered your normal size and @Debzzz went down a size. I went up a size... My fingers crossed that I made the right decision. They are enroute.  Carrying my weight  more in my hips and thighs I thought it would be wise to go up.  Ah,   the downfall of ordering jeans online... 

Thanks for the postive review @Mellie2.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie2  I'm really happy that you are happy with them!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Peg wrote:

I looked at the reviews on these  and  they aren't too good compared to  the ones on this thread. An overall of 2.5 out of 5 so far. @Mellie2 you ordered your normal size and @Debzzz went down a size. I went up a size... My fingers crossed that I made the right decision. They are enroute.  Carrying my weight  more in my hips and thighs I thought it would be wise to go up.  Ah,   the downfall of ordering jeans online... 

Thanks for the postive review @Mellie2.

@violet runner: My take on the reviews is that folks don't know how to order size. Several of us, here, have learned to order 2 sizes. Jeans are a tough fit and you're ordering on line, yee gads, you need 2 to choose from.

All the reviews that said they are below belly button are WRONG, don't know what size they ordered, but they are just below the waist. The material is actually blue jean firm, excellent, rather than legging style. 

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor. I am too cheap to order 2 sizes! HA! It already costs enough to get them home and  possible return if they don't fit. I'll admit  it's the right thing to do though. I am liking your description of the denim itself! Thanks.!

Trusted Contributor

The frayed jeans arrived.  They started out  like they were coming by snail mail and must have picked up speed like the Pony Express as I got them pretty quick all things considered.

I have mixed feelings. I  tried them on and love, love, love the denim. I wasn't too keen on the thread trim being yellow/ orange, but it didnt' detract from the nice feel of the jeans.

From this thread you know I ordered up to a size 12 and it was the right size for me.  I wore them for awhile around the house and they did loosen up  with somewhat of a gap  at the waist. Again not too much.

I rolled them up and  adore the look that way.  And they are slimming.

Now the negative. What made these pants  different was the fray at the bottom . I am not short and these looked  a little ridiculous where the fray hit on me. I could not see myself ever wearing them this way.   @Pearlee, the flare at the fray is minimal and not a detraction.

I can't justify keeping  them as I would only wear them rolled up.  For the price I would like the option of rolled up or with fray showing, which really is  cute and funky and gives style to these jeans. 

This is my initial review.  I think I will  wait and see if Lori does a true capri in the same denim. I will try them on one more time just to be sure before returning.

@Debzzz and @1Professor- enjoy your purchase!

Respected Contributor

@violet runner:

I didn't like mine with flats but love them with heels, even kitten heels! Adore the material and the fit.

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor, the denim is wonderful isn't it?   Feels good on.