Respected Contributor

Re: Good Grief!!!!!! Today's Special Value!!!!!!!

@Krimpette wrote:

I feel for Leah.  This top makes her look enormous.  But she's always a good sport about wearing a clothing TSV.

She is not a good sport she is a salesman and it is her job to wear it.  If she was a good sport she would say "this is adorable but as you can see it is meant for someone with a little less height and girth, and she would laugh at herself".  

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Melania wrote:

IG, I love your puppy dog!Heart

@Melania

Thanks sweetie pie! He's my rescue, Kingston!

He's a Pitty right? His name suits his regal features. Aren't rescues the best?

@Melania

Yes, rescues are the best! Heart

He was also an abused rescue, someone poured chemicals down his back and set him on fire and he had severe burns down his back, when animal control picked him up.

They were going to euthanize him because of the expense to treat his burns and his breed, when a rescue group pulled him and had his burns treated.

He still has some scars down his back, but you'd never know he was abused by his loving nature, he's such a love bug and very smart, easy to train and just loves all humans he meets!

As for his name, I got him through a rescue group called 'One Love', which happens to be the name of one of Bob Marley's biggest hits and Bob was from Kingston, Jamaica, so he became Kingston!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

Absolutely agree.  I've long thought that most of her designs would look better on girls not over the age of 12, with all the lace and ruffles.  And I've always wondered if she dresses like this in her personal life, draping herself in all those layers.  Would like to see more designs for the older gal, and more straight hems instead of all those cockamamie ones.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Melania wrote:

IG, I love your puppy dog!Heart

@Melania

Thanks sweetie pie! He's my rescue, Kingston!

He's a Pitty right? His name suits his regal features. Aren't rescues the best?

@Melania

Yes, rescues are the best! Heart

He was also an abused rescue, someone poured chemicals down his back and set him on fire and he had severe burns down his back, when animal control picked him up.

They were going to euthanize him because of the expense to treat his burns and his breed, when a rescue group pulled him and had his burns treated.

He still has some scars down his back, but you'd never know he was abused by his loving nature, he's such a love bug and very smart, easy to train and just loves all humans he meets!

As for his name, I got him through a rescue group called 'One Love', which happens to be the name of one of Bob Marley's biggest hits and Bob was from Kingston, Jamaica, so he became Kingston!

OMG, that poor boy! People can be so evil. 

All these beautiful pups want is to be loved and they love so unconditionally right back.

He found where he belongs with you. Thank you for being his mommy!

Contributor

This is my first post and I am an avid reader and follower of all of you who regularly post. I truly appreciate your item reviews, sizing recommendations and wearing suggestions. I'm petite and many of the tops I order are too long and some of the colors I like on tv wash me out when I try them on. In spite of returning much of what I order what I do keep I love.  Here's why... Lori has offered many of us women "of a certain age" the encouragement to express our individuality through our clothing.  I don't style my clothes  exactly as Lori does but I try to mix and match in ways where I have been inspired by her. I am often asked where I bought her clothing and am happy to share. My take on the TSV is it's a casual fun t-shirt that says "I have spunk, style and like to have fun".  I honestly don't know if I will find it flattering on me but I am going to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@Ladyboomer wrote:

This is my first post and I am an avid reader and follower of all of you who regularly post. I truly appreciate your item reviews, sizing recommendations and wearing suggestions. I'm petite and many of the tops I order are too long and some of the colors I like on tv wash me out when I try them on. In spite of returning much of what I order what I do keep I love.  Here's why... Lori has offered many of us women "of a certain age" the encouragement to express our individuality through our clothing.  I don't style my clothes  exactly as Lori does but I try to mix and match in ways where I have been inspired by her. I am often asked where I bought her clothing and am happy to share. My take on the TSV is it's a casual fun t-shirt that says "I have spunk, style and like to have fun".  I honestly don't know if I will find it flattering on me but I am going to give it a try.

@Ladyboomer  Very well stated.  I look forward to reading more of your posts in this forum!   Just dive right in!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is absolutely adorable----for my kindergarten girls.

Honored Contributor

@Ladyboomer wrote:

I agree!!  I also find myself returning more than I keep and often her colors wash me out too but I like that her items aren't boring!  She has an edgy style that's not too over the top when I style it my way...not tons of layers but I might add a tank or cardigan when it's needed. The TSV is a fun top which may work for me or not.

I'm thinking of giving the black one a try....who knows it might look great!...plus I ordred the purple tank to go under it.  I think it's very pretty.

Trusted Contributor

I think that some logo pieces are very cute, but this one does not appeal to me.  It really reminds me of Gymboree children's clothing as someone else suggested.  

I do not feel that the horizontal line where the top meets the ruffle is in a flattering location, as it accentuates the widest part of a woman's body (which is why the style looks cute on a small child with no hips).  It shortens the torso.  Again, I do like some of the logo styles but was surprised this was considered for a TSV as it doesn't seem like something that would appeal to a large audience.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Looks like something an ice skater might have worn to compete, oh, say maybe sometime in the 80's... Anyone thinking this is either fashionable or flattering is, well, each to their own, but is deluding themselves...

@stevieb  Clearly you are contradicting yourself in this sentence.  And it's mean.

I think stevieb is just trying to put a happy face on her comment, there is nothing wrong with that. People who love LOGO know how they look in the clothes, but love the fashions and will wear it regardless. Of course they would think the comment is mean and take it personally.