Super Contributor

A282156 - Melange Boucle Knit Top with Embellishment

I know this is an older top and I remember the discussion we had when it was first presented about the embellishment in back and whether it would hold up  and whether it would be uncomfortable.  It is popping up in "as-is" right now and I purchased it in the green to add to my large camo/hazel green collection from this season.  I have to say it is one of the most beautiful tops I have purchased from LOGO and hands-down the top that has gotten the most compliments.  I think it is the surprise element when you turn around and people see everything from the back.  The knit is very soft - I would call it a medium weight for the women that don't like heavy fabric.  The sleeve length is perfect on me to just a tad extra but I have short arms.  I wear it with black pants - gold shoes - simple gold necklace in the front and then they see the wow in the back. I believe the lace piece is the same for all the different colors but changes the look with the chiffon backing which is what is touching your back.  The sequins are matte so they're not over the top - just the right amount of shine.  There are a few comments on the reviews about where the lace connects with the neck band that it is bunched a bit and it might bother you if you have short hair.  I have shorter hair - definitely not long enough to cover the neck band and it doesn't bother me - it's just the difference in the two textures coming together.  I don't even notice the sequins when I am sitting - I was afraid I would be able to feel them - and I don't notice any pulls or thread issues in the area I sit on.  Around the neck band in front is a little contast band that adds a little interest.  It might be something that is worth a try for you - I know I was definitely pleasantly surprised.  They pop up fairly often on as-is and right now I believe there are a few sizes in blackberry.  The as-is number is A292895.

Honored Contributor

Re: A282156 - Melange Boucle Knit Top with Embellishment

@KimSKS  Too freaky that you posted this thread.  Yesterday morning (prior to the LOGO show) I ordered the blackberry in medium As Is and after I did, I went back and read our thread the day it was presented.   I made so many negative remarks about it (of course I didn't own it - just saw it as a New Arrival) that I canceled my order immediately!    Now that I've read your post, I was hoping the blackberry med. would still be there and it is, so it's in my cart!   What timing your thread is!   

Is the split back a problem?  I'm seeing where it could be wide enough that it doesn't emphasis the butt as much as if it was narrower.  I'm glad it doesn't bother you to sit on the sequins.  And yes, I was concerned about the "lumpy" part where the two textures come together at the neckline that people with short hair were writing about.   

After I read my comments - and those of the others on the original thread - I thought "what was I thinking ordering that?"   I must say the As Is price is a substantial savings - i wouldn't order it at the regular price.   Did yours come in good condition As Is?

Super Contributor

@Pearlee  Mine came in perfect condition - there was no baggie with extra sequins so not sure whether there was originally one and it didn't get returned with it or there never was one.  I don't have any issue with the split back of it and I have ample reason to stay away from the split backs.  It is a bit of an "A" shape so I think that helps.  As far as the neck goes - I really have no issue with the neck at all - I have more of an issue with the cardigans that Lori does that has a seam right across the shoulder blades and then has chiffon or other materials hanging from that seam.  I feel like that makes an odd lump on your back and I stay away from those. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @KimSKS   I think I'll go ahead and place my order.   The reviews on this - except for that neck issue - are really great, some saying it's their favorite LOGO piece. It certainly is unusual to say the least!

What types of places have you worn it to? It seems pretty dressy with that back!

Super Contributor

@Pearlee  We have season tickets to a theatre close by and I have worn it there and have worn it out to eat in the evening to a few more dressy restaurants.  Since the gold sequins are more a matte finish - I think you can wear it more casually than if it was a shiny gold.

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS  I tried my sweater on today As Is in the blackberry.  LIke yours, mine arrived in pristine condition - I couldn't tell it wasn't brand new other than the As Is label.  No bag of extra sequins with mine either.    There are many pros and one big con for me with this sweater.

Like you said, it's very soft and not a heavy fabric - easily a 3-season sweater.  The silhouette is very attractive and it looked flattering on me. My size medium fit perfectly.

I didn't like that lump of fabric in the back at the neck - the one people complained about where the different material with the sequins is placed onto the chiffon at the collar, but that's by no means a deal breaker and I won't see it anyway since it's in the back LOL!  But for what the original cost of this sweater is, that should have been done more skillfully and less lumpily.  I don't really care about it though.

The back if pretty but not as spectacular as I was expecting.  Maybe the matte sequins are a little more matte than I'd like, or maybe in a different color it wouldn't look quite as dark as the blackberry does.  It didn't have quite as much "oompth" as I was expecting.   The A-shape indeed keeps this from being unflattering to my butt, just as you surmised.  I think the whole garment is just A-shaped and I don't even really think of this as a split back - it really looks like all one A-shaped garment if that makes sense.  It's not like a beacon pointing to my butt that is bulging  out between a split.  Not at all.

I do like this, it's flattering and comfortable and it's very different and sure to get compiments as you say.  I just don't really know if I like it $51 worth (with tax and S&H).   I"ll have to think about it and try it on a couple of more times.  I do see why you posted about it - it's very nice indeed.  But I don't need it and I wonder how much I'll wear it, esp. with spring and lighter colors coming up.   And again, the back is pretty and unusual but it wasn't a WOW for me, even though I'm sure it will bring compliments and start conversations.  I'll let you know what I decide.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee. I'm glad you like it and understand your thoughts. I wonder if the blackberry color "dims" the back as opposed to the green which is brighter.
Honored Contributor

@KimSKS wrote:
@Pearlee. I'm glad you like it and understand your thoughts. I wonder if the blackberry color "dims" the back as opposed to the green which is brighter.

@KimSKS  That's a great way of putting what I was trying to express.  Yes, I was wondering that about the blackberry as opposed to maybe a different color choice.  I do really like the front of the blackberry though - it's very nice.