Honored Contributor

A279460 Mixed Plaid Long Sleeve Knit Top - Review

I did not order this but am eager to read anyone's review on this who has received this.  I did get the item in this same plaid that she had on maybe three weeks go and returned mine. It ran huge on me in my regular size medium and the fabric reminded me of 1970s polyester, although I did like the heavier weight for fall and winter. 

Pattern-wise I think I like this one even better and would be willing to try it but am curious about what someone who got it home thinks about it, and also whether it also runs really large.  Eager to read a review.

(My review of her earlier plaid item is under the long Review thread - A282183 Mixed plaid V-neck knit top.)

Regular Contributor

Re: A279460 Mixed Plaid Long Sleeve Knit Top - Review

I sent it back and wrote a review that has not been posted. I did not like the material at all especially how it felt to the touch and when wearing it. It felt cheap to me and very discount store. Plus they had the colors wrong.  A big NO for me.

Valued Contributor

A lot of poly in that top.  I don't like that poly seems to be creeping into the LOGO line.  

Honored Contributor

@corismom1 wrote:

I sent it back and wrote a review that has not been posted. I did not like the material at all especially how it felt to the touch and when wearing it. It felt cheap to me and very discount store. Plus they had the colors wrong.  A big NO for me.

@corismom1   Thank you very much.  I don't like that fabric either; as I posted above, it reminds me of the old heavy poly from the 1970s (which you may be too young to remember) that gave polyester a bad name until it was much improved later to feel like silk.  I'm really glad now that I didn't try this garment too - although I did like its looks.  I'll keep an eye out for your review; sometimes they take a while to post them and it can't have been very long since you submitted it, since the item is pretty newly offered.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu - I'm wondering what you think of yours if/when you get it.

I just tried mine on. It was an LTS on 1/17.

Well, I like it better than the first one she did in the same fabric that was longer on me and huge in the size medium.   This one fits me much better - the medium is the correct size.  However, even though I like this better than the first one, i'm sending it back. I got the green choice which is fine.

I like the colors and the paid - well kinda.   The silhouette is much too boxy on me even though it's the proper fit. Just not flattering at all.  Also, my boobs make the plaid uneven and I can't get it to be straight.   I also still dislike the fabric.   If I loved the silhouette on me, I'd live with the fabric because it's a heavier rayon span which is better for winter wear.  But it still feels like that heavy 1970's polyester, before they improved polyester.  Also the sleeves are too long on me.

It's going back but I could see where if the silhouette was flattering, I could have kept it because I like the colors and the paid itself.  The top, though, makes me look about 20 lbs. heavier than I am.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu - I'm wondering what you think of yours if/when you get it.

I just tried mine on. It was an LTS on 1/17.

Well, I like it better than the first one she did in the same fabric that was longer on me and huge in the size medium.   This one fits me much better - the medium is the correct size.  However, even though I like this better than the first one, i'm sending it back. I got the green choice which is fine.

I like the colors and the paid - well kinda.   The silhouette is much too boxy on me even though it's the proper fit. Just not flattering at all.  Also, my boobs make the plaid uneven and I can't get it to be straight.   I also still dislike the fabric.   If I loved the silhouette on me, I'd live with the fabric because it's a heavier rayon span which is better for winter wear.  But it still feels like that heavy 1970's polyester, before they improved polyester.  Also the sleeves are too long on me.

It's going back but I could see where if the silhouette was flattering, I could have kept it because I like the colors and the paid itself.  The top, though, makes me look about 20 lbs. heavier than I am.

@Pearlee - I agree with you that this top is boxy and the material is just ok.  I'm not a big plaid fan yet this works.  The Bordeaux color I ordered goes nicely with my eyelash sweater as well as the faux suede jacket so I think it is worth keeping at this price. I also have a claret tank that may make mask some of the boxieness of the top. The fit is good and since I am not well endowed I don't have the problem of the plaid not laying right.  None of us want something that makes us look heavier, good idea to send yours back.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu I was very interested in your reply.   Smiley Happy  I can see that wearing something over it, like the eyelash jacket or the other jacket you mentioned, would help , not to mention breaking up the plaid some (there's a lot of plaid!).  I'm glad yours will work for you.  As I posted, the fabric, though in some respects not ideal, is heavier for fall and winter than her usual rayon/span so that's good.  It was a great price. I'm glad you'll make use of yours.   Mine is definitely in my "send back" pile. I have several things to get back to QVC by Jan. 31.  Thanks for the response.