Respected Contributor

A275718 Cardigan w/hem detail (former TSV) Question

Even though I had this cardigan in my cart several times, I never purchased it.  Since it is being offered at a sale price, I'm considering the blue river and cocoa.  If you have it, is it something that you have enjoyed wearing?  Do you recommend it?  Also, I usually wear a large in Logo Cardigans...should I order large or size down to medium?  Thanks for your help.

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cardigan-with-Hem-Detail.product.A275718.html?sc=A2...

Honored Contributor

Re: A275718 Cardigan w/hem detail (former TSV) Question

@Trudey  As I've posted here, I have both of mine in the small.  You can see even in the photos that it's very big on the models.  This is one where we could see in advance before even its first presentation that it was running quite large, and people who had preordered this TSV from the Insider had posted it was running large.  Since it's an open front cardi, I don't think your boobs should be an issue if you go down a size.  I'm no size small - I'm at the high end of my size mediums - and the small is still my correct size.  

I really like my two, esp. the cocoa. On reason I like the cocoa so much is the swiss dot trim color chosen goes really well with it.  Remember our early discussions about this how the white trim didn't look good with the color trim it has?  And I think lily pad has a blue trim which i didn't want either.    It is frou-frou in the back.  

The thing I'd be concerned about in your case is length.  But it looks good with tanks that are longer than it is too.   I think you should take a chance, esp. at this price and esp. if you like Lounge fabric.  This Lounge Fr. terry is very lightweight - for spring and it suits your climate for most of the year IMO.  The cocoa and blue choices would be all-year round garments for where you live.  The pink, white and buttercup much more springy.

You should search this forum by item number - we've made lots and lots of comments about this garment here in the forum.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. Thanks.  I'm going to try it in medium.  I like "frou frou" and I love the Lounge fabric Smiley Happy  I have several black cardigans, but no cardigans in these colors.  Since I seem to be cold all the time, these will be a nice weight for me.  The price is great and I don't want to miss out this time.

Honored Contributor

Trudey...I have it in the white which is really a vanilla color.  I ordered mine true-to-size, but then I don't mind roomy in this cardigan.  It is lovely especiallly if you like a bit of girly sass with the godet and back.  Pearley has me thinking about the cocoa, I love the blue but I recently purchased a LOGO blue duster/cardigan that I'm lovin'.  The price is right and I bet you will enjoy your new cardigan!

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I just tried my smalls on again after my shower.  IIMO they fit like a medium.  However, I have forgotten about your upper arm issue so I'm not as certain as I was that the medium will work.  I still think so but am not as sure.   I still have a little extra room in my upper arm area in the small, but not a whole lot (and I don't have an extra arm problem).  That said, as I just posted already, in my case the small fits like a medium usual would fit me.  My only concern now for you is upper arm.

@phoenixbrd  What beige?

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd. Thanks.  I can't believe I didn't order earlier, but I'm glad to be getting 2 at a great price.

@Pearlee. As you know, I always worry about the upper arms.  I have this lounge jacket in size medium and it fits perfectly. http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-French-Terry-Jacket-with-Ruffle-Hem.product.A271141...

I'm going to go with size medium and hope for the best.  Thank you so much for taking the time to try yours on for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee, do you think the cocoa in A275718 is significantly different in color then rum raisin in this cardigan?

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-French-Terry-Pepl.product.A269972.html?upsh=1&sc=A2...

I want to try A275718 but am having a hard time deciding on a color. I actually ordered the blue yesterday, but my heart's not in it. I'm not that big into blue. I think I went for it because the hem detail blended in more on it. I thought a contrasting hem color, like on the cocoa, might accentuate my backside more then I would like. Ha! I actually like the cocoa color as a whole much better. But since I already have rum raisin in A269972 I thought they might be too similar to even bother. Clear as mud?? LOL!

Anyway, if you care to comment, I would appreciate it. You seem to know a great deal about LOGO, and I am a real newbie to the line.

Thanks,

pup

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped  What isn't clear is I don't think that other one you sent the link to comes in rum raisin. Did you mean maple?  

Cocoa is a little different than maple, but not much. I think cocoa is a more pure brown than maple which has tinges of other color tints (very slight) in it.

LOGO's rum raisin color is much more purple than either maple or cocoa.

Respected Contributor

Aaaagh, where did I get rum raisin? Ha! Yes, it's maple. I think maple and cocoa might be too close to justify the purchase. A269972 was the first item I bought from LOGO and I got it in black, antique white, and the maple. I love it! I think I mentioned to you in another post that I'm on the larger side and never thought Lori's clothes would work for me, but I love this cardigan. With the reduced price on A275718 I thought I would try it as I like the look of the swiss dot. I just can't figure out a color to get. Maybe I will just stick with the blue.

@Pearlee, thanks so much for your reply! I appreciate you.     

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped. I have other items in blue river and it is a really pretty shade of blue.