Honored Contributor

A274089 Lounge French Terry Multi-Color Printed Top

I'm starting a review thread for this because it hasn't been on the air in a year (so my review from last year is buried in our very long review thread) and because there are new colors this year.   

This is one of the first - if not the first - item Lori did in her newer 360-Fr. Terry.  Last year I got the blue, which I still think is the prettiest of all the colors - and my first reaction last year when I tried it on was that the fabric was very, very soft but surprisingly heavy (heavier than a lot of her Fr. terry) esp. for spring.  I must have gotten used to it because I didn't have that "it's heavy for spring" reaction to it this year, although it's clearly not her lightest spring weight Fr. terry (such as what her frou-frou TSV cardi from last spring is in).  It's a bit more "rubbery" than her usual Fr. terry but not in a bad way and its being really soft makes up for that.

This year I got the lily pad which I absolutely love, even though the blue is still my favorite.  I can't wear a lot of greens (makes my fair skin look like I'm nauseous) but there are so many beautiful green colors - up through a yellow-ish green- in this that the greens look great on me, even with my fair skin.  Like the blue one, this one looks like a watercolor painting.   Looks like we are wearing Monet wearable art.  I will say that I like the blue color of the back & side stripe pattern better than the green, which is a very yellowish green in this lily pad choice, but I still love the top.  The colors in this one are very different from anything I have in LOGO, yet will still look great under all my shades of green LOGO caris.  LOVE this one and recommend it highly.

My one little quibble is that I do wish the sleeves were a bit longer toward my elbow, but they aren't so short that I need to wear a cardi over this to hide my upper arms. 

I will also say that this one fits true in a size medium, but it's not generous.  If I gained any weight (which I don't plan to - au contraire I hope to lose a few pounds) this wouldn't work in my medium.   Two thumbs up!  I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors!

Trusted Contributor

Re: A274089 Lounge French Terry Multi-Color Printed Top

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm starting a review thread for this because it hasn't been on the air in a year (so my review from last year is buried in our very long review thread) and because there are new colors this year.   

This is one of the first - if not the first - item Lori did in her newer 360-Fr. Terry.  Last year I got the blue, which I still think is the prettiest of all the colors - and my first reaction last year when I tried it on was that the fabric was very, very soft but surprisingly heavy (heavier than a lot of her Fr. terry) esp. for spring.  I must have gotten used to it because I didn't have that "it's heavy for spring" reaction to it this year, although it's clearly not her lightest spring weight Fr. terry (such as what her frou-frou TSV cardi from last spring is in).  It's a bit more "rubbery" than her usual Fr. terry but not in a bad way and its being really soft makes up for that.

This year I got the lily pad which I absolutely love, even though the blue is still my favorite.  I can't wear a lot of greens (makes my fair skin look like I'm nauseous) but there are so many beautiful green colors - up through a yellow-ish green- in this that the greens look great on me, even with my fair skin.  Like the blue one, this one looks like a watercolor painting.   Looks like we are wearing Monet wearable art.  I will say that I like the blue color of the back & side stripe pattern better than the green, which is a very yellowish green in this lily pad choice, but I still love the top.  The colors in this one are very different from anything I have in LOGO, yet will still look great under all my shades of green LOGO caris.  LOVE this one and recommend it highly.

My one little quibble is that I do wish the sleeves were a bit longer toward my elbow, but they aren't so short that I need to wear a cardi over this to hide my upper arms. 

I will also say that this one fits true in a size medium, but it's not generous.  If I gained any weight (which I don't plan to - au contraire I hope to lose a few pounds) this wouldn't work in my medium.   Two thumbs up!  I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors!

@Pearlee I have the blue from last year too and I ordered the purple, but it hasn't arrived yet. I wore the blue one several times last year and I enjoyed it, even though the fabric is a bit heavier than most Lounge pieces.

One printed Lounge piece that I wish would come back is A276613. I ordered the blue and it sold out so quickly that I never had a chance to pick up another color. I love this top and I wish Lori would bring it back in a couple of new colors. If anyone should see a re-stock on this one, please let me know!

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm glad you like it, @Pearlee!  It's definitley very pretty!  There's not a bad color combo in the bunch IMO, but the blue and the lilypad are gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee, thanks for the nice review. I've been interested in this top to layer under a cardigan. I'm very new to LOGO...made my very first purchase only about three weeks ago. I have a question that may be dumb, but whatever. I'm kinda in between sizes on this top. Thought I might order the larger of the two sizes. Might this top shrink a little in the dryer if need be? I doubt it, but thought I would ask since you have it.

Thanks for any help! 

Honored Contributor

Hi and welcome, @pupwhipped .

If you are truly between sizes, I'd then go up to the larger size in this garment.  It is cut to be pretty form fitting.  

I can't answer you because I've never put any of my LOGO in the dryer.  I always hang to dry.  I think drying just doesn't do the clothes any good, as well as eventually fades out color.  So I always hang my LOGO to dry, and the Fr. terry dries like a charm, and quickly and with no wrinkles.  But i know you are asking because you may need to shrink a size up a little bit, so maybe someone else can help you with that.

What color would you get?

Respected Contributor

Thanks very much for the welcome and the reply, @Pearlee. Although I think all the colors are so very pretty, I am interested in the neutral choice. It's neutral but it still has some color to it. My very first LOGO purchase was this cardigan:

No Image Found

I liked it so much I got it in all three colors. HA! I am an XL/1X size so I didn't think Lori's clothes would look very good on me, but this cardigan looks very nice. I am now watching her shows with more interest and even ordered a different cardigan today, A286961, this:

No Image Found

And yes, I never put my clothes in the dryer either, but just had to ask about this top in case it ended up being too big. I HATE to have to send things back. Grrrr.

Thanks again!

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

And yes, I never put my clothes in the dryer either, but just had to ask about this top in case it ended up being too big. I HATE to have to send things back. Grrrr.

Thanks again!

@pupwhipped, I line dry 99% of my LOGO clothing, but occasionally have tossed a rayon/span or Lounge garment in the dryer because I've needed a tiny bit of shinkage (I'm between sizes too).  It has worked out every time I've had to do it and given me just a touch of shrinking without compromising the fabrication.  That being said, I'm not sure I would continually dry them simply because I feel my clothes last much longer when I don't put them in the dryer.  Hope this helps and welcome to the wonderful world of LOGO!

Respected Contributor

@AZ girl, thanks so much for your comment. Yes, all I wanted to know is if this fabrication might shrink just a smidge to help out if it were a little too big. Not much you can do about it when they're too small...losing weight is not my forte. Ha! 

Thank you very much!