Respected Contributor

I know many have owned thier copper pans by Eric Theis (sp?) for awhile now and probably used them for a few meals . If so ,  did they remain non stick and not mar as long as you used the instructed tools ?

I saw the small one advertised at an Ollies and am planning to go there soon .  What I especially like about this is the depth which can be difficult to find for stovetop items. I notice the reviews on these are varied .

Honored Contributor

Did you notice that when Eric demonstrated the TSV , many of the dishes were burned or very dark on the bottom? That kept me from ordering.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay, I posted this on a recent thread ( http://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/SAME-COPPER-COOKWARE-FOR-29-99/m-p/3328768#U3328768 ) about the pans offered by Ollie's:

"I looked at the referenced ad and Ollie's is offering "Copper Cook" not "Copper Chef" so I suspect it is another knockoff."

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I have had mine for a while,and I love it!

Respected Contributor

Re: owners of 'copper' pan?

[ Edited ]

I have the Copper Chef Pan and I love mine.  I've broiled in it twice.  It is safe to 800 degrees.  I don't put it in the DW and I don't use metal utensils.  I got a deal on mine!  I hope it lasts for a long time.

Nothing sticks!

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@okaywitheasypay, I posted this on a recent thread ( http://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/SAME-COPPER-COOKWARE-FOR-29-99/m-p/3328768#U3328768 ) about the pans offered by Ollie's:

"I looked at the referenced ad and Ollie's is offering "Copper Cook" not "Copper Chef" so I suspect it is another knockoff."

Thanks ,for the heads up @Marp I didn't realize that. I may decide to buy it once I Iook as I mainly like that it is deep but not huge. I will use silicone or wooden tools on it. The price is so much lower and sounds like similar construction. By the time I get there they may be sold out anyway which happens at Ollie's frequently. But I will find something to buy probably . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mima

The fact that you can use super high heat in a non stick leads me to believe that the chemicals that are used in that non-stick will seep into the food with ease.  I haven't used a non-stick pan in 7 years - and won't.

Ceramic surface cookware, like Le'Creuset is the only thing I use as an alternative to non-stick cookware. 

Respected Contributor

It still could be the exact same pan.  Often they change the name when it gets to retail stores so that they can still offer it at the higher price elsewhere.  I've seen the Copper Cook pan in person and it is identical to the Copper Chef.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

I realize this is an older thread, I did not want to start a new one.

I was rather hesitant to buy the Copper Chef TSV because it looked so cheaply made but went for it with the bigger size and casserole handles. I was fully expecting to send it back but after using it for literally everything to test it. Cooking and cleanup have both been great. Nothing is sticking  and nothing is peeling off. 

Valued Contributor

I have the casserole one, too, and absolutely love it.  I've used it constantly since I got it and it has not dissappointed me one bit.  Nothing sticks, cooks and cleans like a dream.