Respected Contributor

found another delicious lemon bread recipe with thicker iced glaze

i just sat down and made a pot of coffee and cut into this delicious new recipe i discovered.

it is very lemony, and the glaze is nice and thickened more so, than the starbucks lemon cake & thinner glaze (which i also love).

Iced Lemon Bread from youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q__eSkIbUsI

Recipe Image
What you'll need:
1 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
1 1/3 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sour cream
3 large eggs
2 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (i used freshly squeezed lemon juice)
2 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon extract, divided
1 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp skim milk (i used whole milk)

All you do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, stir flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour sour cream mixture into flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden and thin skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together remaining 1/3 cup sugar, water and 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and syrup is clear. Set aside.
Cool bread in pan 10 minutes. Loosen edges of loaf with a knife, invert loaf onto cooling rack to remove bread and turn right-side-up on rack. With thin skewer, poke holes in bread; slowly pour syrup over bread and allow it to soak in. Cool completely.
Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. Pour over bread, allowing it to run down sides.
Makes 12 (2/3") slices