Contributor

I shared Scrub Daddies and Scrub Mommies with my neighbor.  I am glad I did because I would not buy them again.  The ones that were stuck together came apart after the first use.  I also tried scrubbing my polyurethane tub with them and they did not clean it like it said it would.  Definitely would NOT buy this product again.  A lot of hype but they are not really that great.  Maybe they once were.

Honored Contributor

I only buy mine from Bed Bath & Beyond (3/9.99 less 20%). 

Mine last sat quite a long time and I don't think I've ever had any type of flaking, etc. perhaps they are not as offered by Q.

Never tried the Momma I'm just happy with the Daddy!

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

I only buy the big blocks of Scrub Daddy and I cut them into 3 smaller squares and they last and last and last for me. It's clear to me that when they start to crumble that its time for a new one. Each small sqaure I cut though lasts for about 2-3 months.

I have found though with mine that how long they last is directly related to what kind of water you use. The more I use the HOT water, the faster they crumble. I now use slightly cooler, not necessarily cold water and they last more towards the 3 month timeframe.

Esteemed Contributor

I too bought the scub daddy tsv last year.  What a disappointment these sponges are (the two sided ones)!  I havne't had trouble with the original round ones yet.   I've been using the rectangle ones also for dishes and in the kitchen.  They just fall apart.  I will not spend the money on these again, you get the same quality sponge much cheaper in the marketplace.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a yellow one from the grocery that is in good shape; I let it air dry.  If they are falling apart and leaving particles in our water, that sounds bad.  If mine falls apart, it will be the last one I buy.

Honored Contributor

All I buy is the Scotchbrite heavy duty for bathroom scrubbing and gentle version for kitchen pots and pans.

2e63667d4ebc52626c395df9ed16a82e1734cc47.gif

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I just double checked my sponges. Mine are different from the picture shown in this post. Mine are yellow on one side and pink or purple on the other side. These are the ones I have been using since January and they are just fine.

I have those too and they have lasted a long time and also have had the original all yellow.  Wouldn't be surprised if they are making them out of cheaper materials now--that seems to happen with everything.  Guess I won't buy anymore.

Honored Contributor

I got dishwasher LOL