Honored Contributor

I've had it happen a few times, but can't remember what caused it. I do put mine in the dishwasher at least once a week. Maybe that's the problem.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Noticed the "crumbling" problem from my very first-and last-purchase of these sponges....love the Joe Campanelli brand sponges--available on ebay......

Honored Contributor

I had some of the very first Scrub Daddy's that Q offered, and they lasted a nice long time before they started to crumble.

I waited quite awhile before I made another order, and the next ones were absolute junk, crumbled in just a few days of light used on dishes.

Decided to try the Scrub Mommies, and they are very weak as well, and started to crumble within just a few uses. I cancelled my auto delivery, even though I like they way the feel and work, just not worth the money for the crumbly mess.

So sad that Q chooses to allow a product that is so good initially, to come back in a lesser quality, yet pass it off as the original.

I prefer the Campanelli sponges. Last forever.

Respected Contributor

I am beginning to wonder if I am using mine wrong..Mine NEVER seem to wear out and no particles come off.. i am really happy woth mine..I have been using them for a couple of years, so I guess that would include old ones nd new ones...

Honored Contributor

FYI, they now sell the yellow ones at Walmart.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker Ditto! I really use them roughly. I had some really hard, caked-on sauce on my stove, and these things cleaned it up perfectly, just like on the presentations. I've been a fan ever since I saw them on Shark Tank!

I especially like the two-sided ones I have now. The best of both worlds!

I've tossed them in the dishwasher numerous times and they just keep going.

Maybe the problem is the others are not using them correctly......place them in cold water to attack one problem; place them in hot water to take care of other concerns.

I have one in the bathroom, out in the garage, two in the kitchen, and one in the car with a bottle of water.....sometimes I see tar or something else stuck on the car. These sponges take care of it right away with a little bit of water.

Contributor

I bought my first ever Scrub Mommy/Daddy a couple of months ago and so far they are holding up well.

The only complaint I have is with that smiley face that's cut out in the sponge, whenever cleaning with them my fingers will slip thru the large mouth cutting and make cleaning with them very difficult.  I would rather they came without the smiley face cuttings in them.

I won't be ordering these again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

FYI, they now sell the yellow ones at Walmart.

Also Bed Bath & Beyond- using their 20%  off coupon makes them less $$ than Walmart. But still a lttle more than some kit configurations on qvc.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

havent had any problems with mine and i am on auto delivery for the regular scrub daddies. i only keep them for about a month, maybe slightly longer, because i like to refresh mine. i never keep a sponge longer than a month in general.

@sunshine45  Mine usually last only a month, so I have a good stash of them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I usually put mine in the clothes washer, no problem, but mine are all old.