Contributor

Yes Chef! Rapid Boil 2 Liter Electric Multi-Pot

Any opinions on the Yes Chef! Rapid Boil 2 Liter Electric Multi-Pot?  I was anxious to try out mine, but when I opened the box, there was a garden hose instead.  A nice item, but hardly interchangeable! This was the first time in 17 yrs of shopping with the Q that I was sent the wrong item.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yes Chef! Rapid Boil 2 Liter Electric Multi-Pot

@Deb in SD  What a surprise you got!  Why don't they ever mistakenly ever send huge pieces of 18k gold or diamonds? 

Several months ago I got an appliance called a Wonder Pot from Evine.  It looks like a small pressure cooker but it's not. The problem is I use my other appliances so much I really haven't needed this cute Wonder Pot.  I do use my pressure cooker which also functions as a slow cooker the most. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624   Try making a box cake mix in your Wonder Pot.  I've used it several times for making cakes and they have turned out great....very moist.  Great idea if you want to do one in the summer months to save the heat from your stove oven.  Of course, I've used it for other dishes, too, but the cake was my first attempt using mine.

Honored Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan  I will try that possibly as soon as tomorrow.  How long do you bake it?   Thanks for the suggestion. 

I have a 6qt CE pressure cooker and have recipes that call for using a vessel inside the PC.  I discovered that the insert from the Wonder Pot is an absolutely perfect fit both in diameter and height (even using a trivet). 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 

Prepare cake mix as directed on box.

Spray Wonder Pot with Pam.

Pour in cake mix.

Press BAKE (50 minutes),

then Press STIR FRY (20 minutes).

Remove pan and cool on rack.  I use a rubber spatula to release cake from sides after about 20 minutes and flip out to finish cooling.

Now this makes a small diameter cake, but very high.  I like to slice it in half, place frosting between the layers and frost the entire cake.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan  Got it!  Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@Deb in SD

what is the item number please?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, I do marinara sauce in my WonderPot, and creamer potatoes: I slice them in half, place them in two layers on the bottom of the pot, then cover them with beef or chicken stock (depending on the main dish I'm serving). I hit Bake, then keep checking to see if I need to add more stock. They're tender and delicious, and I don't have to turn the oven on.

Contributor

It's K45126.  I wish there were some reviews so I'd know if I should just ask for a refund or if I should ask for the item I ordered.

Super Contributor

Oh how I love my Wonder Pot. I use it exclusivey for cakes now. It is just so easy and makes a very moist cake every time.