Trusted Contributor

Yay! Aldi's pumpkin is back!

They finally got the canned pumpkin puree in. 89 cents a can. I got six this week. I put it in smoothies, yogurt, ,soup, swap the oil in baking with it. A lot of folks give it to their dogs with sensitive stomachs, (fiber).

Honored Contributor

Re: Yay! Aldi's pumpkin is back!

They do have good prices. One year they had the huge I think 29 oz can of Libby Pumpkin marked down after the holidays for .99¢.

Honored Contributor

We don't have that brand out here, but I keep the Libby's brand on hand all the time now that the dog gets it in his breakfast every morning.

What I learned to do, a few years ago, is every fall I purchase enough cans to last the entire year.  That way I don't have to worry about going in the store in Spring or Summer and finding that they don't have any.

I use the 15oz cans because one 15oz can lasts over a week for Ru.  I put it into a Lock & Lock.  I found that the larger ones just lasted too long to keep fresh.  Once I tried freezing half of one and it really changed it a lot so I went back to only 15oz. 

Trusted Contributor

I just made a big pitcher of smoothies, and I have a pressure cooker of soup going-all with my Aldi's pumpkin. Later this week, I'll use some to make brownies for the grandkids. It is a real treat for me! Thank you, Aldi's!

Honored Contributor

They don't carry canned pumpkin year round? All the stores here do. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Sometimes, due to weather inconsistencies, pumpkin crops are much smaller.   Consequently, some years the stores run out before the next season.

When that started happening more and more I just started buying for the year before the fall ends.  

I use it not only for Ru's breakfast (it's good for his tummy), but I make the occasional pumpkin bundt cake, a pumpkin quick bread, or the birdie bread that I make for the bird which has pumpkin in it.  It's frustrating to find that you cannot get it once it's too late.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for the info!  I always have a few cans of pumpkin in the pantry for our pup -- she loves it!

Valued Contributor

Lacey, is Aldis pumpkin the smaller 15 oz can or the larger one? I would imagine that it is the smaller one. 

Trusted Contributor

It's the 15 ounce size. 89 cents per can is the cheapest pumpkin in this area-and it's very good quality.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, Lacey!