Esteemed Contributor
On 7/5/2014 ennui1 said:

Proseco is a sparkling wine, so it's like having a champagne brunch.

Wine for breakfast requires a nap later. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Only if you're a lightweight!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/5/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

The best wine was the one my nonno made in his basement..from the grapes in his backyard. Smiley Wink

We are Italian and we don't get all prissy about wine. We like what we like.

Since I live in the PNW now, I am partial to NW wines.

I went tasting outside of Seattle a few years ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how good, and I mean really good, the wines were!

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/5/2014 Fifi1 said: We've become wine snobs! Love WA and OR wines, some really great varieties! sorry but cupcake and penguin are not my favs at all... When you fine one though for around ten$ you love, it's always a find! We love to go to Napa and have done the private tours which are really fun, and you Learn so much and have such an opportunity to try some really wonderful selections!

No apologies, Fifi! It's my taste, not yours!

When I lived in LA, my work took my to Santa Maria frequently. The Plant Manager's wife worked at a local winery. She took me for a private tour and I tasted some unbelievable wines.

I can only imagine what a private tour at a Napa winery would be.

Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 Nikalette said:Thank you very kindly for telling me about that. I am going to check on Amazon. That is so sweet of you.
On 7/2/2014 ambermoon said: Nikaletti & HonnyBrown, just thought I would mention a battery operated wine cork puller. We have a Waring Pro that we've had for 5 plus years and it's still working great. No hand motion is required as the unit, on the touch of a button, lowers the corkscrew into the cork and pulls it from the bottle. Couldn't be easier. We got our's at Costco and I see it's available on Amazon. There are also Oster ones that are cheaper with good reviews. We don't use ours for weeks but it's in the charger ready to be used.

I bought the Rabbit opener @ Costco for under $20, holds the charge for long time, I haven't seen them there recently though. Not sure if the s--w is replaceable as it is on the manual rabbit one.

looks as though mine is an older model, they are avail at BBBeyond too,

Super Contributor
Super Contributor
On 7/6/2014 ennui1 said:

Esteemed Contributor

Classic!

Super Contributor

“Come quickly, I am tasting the stars!” ~ Dom Perignon

"You might be a redneck if...you think that Dom Perignon is a mafia leader." ~ Jeff Foxworthy

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone decant their wines?

Esteemed Contributor

I went to Total Wines today at lunch. I got a case of one of my regular wines and a new bottle of chard that I haven't tried before.

I love experimenting with wine!