Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried this Crock Pot or heard anything about it? It's on Amazon and has 4 stars out of 5 from 233 reviews. Everything is getting "SMART" these days:

Crock-Pot 6-Quart Wemo Smart Wifi-Enabled Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel, SCCPWM600-V2
Honored Contributor

Re: Wi-fi Crock Pot

[ Edited ]

Never heard of it.  I think we're averaging about one new small appliance a week.  They're getting as bad as electronics.  You no sooner buy one and they come out with a new and bigger model which they convince you, you absolutely must have.  Pretty soon you've got at least two of everything and you've had to ditch your refrigerator to make room for them.  You find yourself living out of an ice chest but you proudly display the latest in air fryers and pressure cookers.

Then they start with the colors....you've been collecting plum because it was the least offensive offered.  Then one Sunday on ITKWD, the bring out chartreuse poka dot, your absolute favorite color.  Naturally it won't go with plum, so you start your collection all over while wondering if your sons would like some plum appliances.

images.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I think the newest Instant Pot is blue tooth compatable. It's going to take some time for me to wrap my brain around that concept. LOL!

Respected Contributor

Just wait until you hear the conversation that all your appliances  will have with each other about you and then pass on to all the other appliances out there and who knows who else will be checking in.

I think I will stick to the old fashioned kind of appliances.  I like to be smarter than some things.

My cat has already outfoxed me.

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

Just wait until you hear the conversation that all your appliances  will have with each other about you and then pass on to all the other appliances out there and who knows who else will be checking in.

I think I will stick to the old fashioned kind of appliances.  I like to be smarter than some things.

My cat has already outfoxed me.

Hi @CLEM,

It was already bad enough that our "home phone phoned home" a few weeks ago...LOL!! Smiley LOL

That was the weirdest situation, that I am still trying to figure out...

The only thing that I can think of is that I didn't put the handset down on the base all of the way, for the phone to call me back and literally "talk" to me.

Here is what happened:

This has never happened to me, since we have had this phone. We have had the phone system for just over two years now.

The phone has a built-in answering machine and it also has an in-house intercom system where you can dial your home phone number and use the phone as an intercom system to talk to someone in the home, too.

I had called my husband on his cell. phone from our home phone and was in the process of leaving a voice mail for him and was hanging up the phone when I got a call back from our home phone number. It came up on our Caller ID. 

I ignored it, thinking that it was a scam call. spoofing our home phone number.

The answering machine went off, and I then heard the phone talking to me, saying, "Are you still there...?" Smiley Surprised

I picked it up and could still hear the voice prompts for my husband's cell. phone saying, "If you are satisfied with your message, blah, blah, blah."

I was like, "What?! Am I in the "Twilight Zone here?!"

So much for Artificial Intelligence. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3  That is really weird. 

I can just imagine having lunch with my friends and my refrigerator calls my cell phone to let me know it's out of spinach and it's time to get more milk and also to tell me next time don't put bananas in the frig.

Then the washing machine calls and tells me that I had planned to wash the blanket, but that I had forfotten do do it again.

Then the air fryer lets me know next time I should soak the chicken in alcohol and that marinating chicken in buttermilk is no longer cool to do.

Valued Contributor

Smart devices can track our behaviors. I don't get too smart with technology.

Valued Contributor

You are all too fun!!! Thanks for sharing some humor! I'm with the majority of you!! My Smart Phone is already giving me a run for my money! My 88 year old Mom tells me "Your phone sure is smart!" (Not knowing it's called a Smart phone, until I told her after her comment ha!.) Another time when I was looking up things she had questions about, she said, "Whatever you pay for that phone, it's sure worth it!" She's so fun! Love her to pieces.

I'm not interested in Wi-Fi anything besides my phone, etc....but surely NOT to cook with! I'd have to give credit to other outside sources if my dishes turned out great! : )

Thanks for your responses, again! It was fun!