Honored Contributor

Why is that close-out Ninja so cheap?

That must be an easy pay, I thought when I saw the 29 and change price.  Then I watched Bob make soft serve and I was hooked.  I have a food processor, I have a Vita Mix, so I thought I never needed a Ninja at any price.  But by the time I dig out the correct blade for the processor or pull Vita Mix to the front of the counter (not really that hard) I've lost interest in my project.  Will I be sorry I bought this Ninja Storm?  All I want it for is a quick soft serve (frozen fruit and milk). 

Respected Contributor

Re: Why is that close-out Ninja so cheap?

It was $29.98 with $7.47 shipping as a TSV back in July, 2013. 

Honored Contributor

I never pay attention to the Ninja presentations, so I wouldn't notice this price wasn't a deal.  QVC has gone to listing retail prices and not their price when things go on sale.  At least I saved 2.47 in shipping, I'm just hoping its not under powered, but I can try it out. 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I never pay attention to the Ninja presentations, so I wouldn't notice this price wasn't a deal.  QVC has gone to listing retail prices and not their price when things go on sale.  At least I saved 2.47 in shipping, I'm just hoping its not under powered, but I can try it out. 

I don't use mine that much but I sure do like it. It has good reviews...714 of them with an average of 4.5 stars, although some people say it gave up the ghost after about 18 months. If you want to read more it's K39392.

Valued Contributor

Depglass- I heard Leah say that QVC bought all they had so they could offer it at a low price.  I was very tempted to order myself but I had to be strong and pass this time.  Too many Christmas in July purchases!!!

Respected Contributor

Just a guess,  that  the main difference is,  the older model has a "pulse" feature that you have to hold and/or push. The newer model has a button that you push and it continues to blend while being hands free?

Trusted Contributor

I don't know the answer to your question. I would like to know why when I purchased this when it came out I don't remember getting the 50 page Recipe Book. Does anyone else have this Book they are giving now?

Contributor

I too ordered this and did not get any book with it.  I wonder if we can get one?  If so would you please let me know.  Thanks a bunch!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a PDF file cookbook, but it's not 50 pages: http://www.ninjakitchen.com/manual/QB1004Q_Recipe_Book_100122.pdf

Here is a page with more recipes: http://www.smoothieninja.com/recipe/ultimate-chocolate-shake-smoothie

There are other recipe books, also, if you do a search!

Respected Contributor

I always figure deals like that are because they are making way for a new model.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*