Valued Contributor

Re: Which mini food processor is best?

Your post started me on a search for a small food processor w/a large feeding tube. I have a very old KA - back when the motors were made in France - used once due to lack of counter space. 

I think I'm going w/the Cuisinart 7 cup Classic Professional. Model 

• Model DLC-10SY

Thanks so much!

Cindy

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

The Kitchen Aid is good but the small Ninja chopper works better, in my experience.  The double level blades chop more evenly. 

This is my experience too. The Ninja works much better.

Valued Contributor

I have a mini Cruisiart and a full size one as well. Love em both.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it links to another retailer.

Honored Contributor

My big food processor and my mini are just sitting there.  I'm finding I use the Vita Mix for just about everything, and a plain old Wusthof chef's knife for "large" chopping.

Contributor

I have the small Ninja Chopper and it is marvelous.  Just the perfect size for my needs.  I have shredded cheese, chopped walnuts, chopped vegetables for salads.  Saves lots of prep time.

Respected Contributor

@Swedish Ivy You have a great nic! Welcome to the boards (if you are new).  I am sure there are several brands of choppers that work, but for $19.99 at Home Depot, the Ninja is terrific. 

Contributor

Thanks @SunValley.  I am Swedish and the Swedish Ivy is my favorite house plant so it seemed like a good choice.  I have been on here before but am about to retire from work and was poking around the boards today hoping to get some good ideas and meet new people.  I will be here more often as cooking is my favorite thing to do along with planting a tomato garden. Looking forward to more conversations with you and others.

Respected Contributor

@Swedish Ivy wrote:

Thanks @SunValley.  I am Swedish and the Swedish Ivy is my favorite house plant so it seemed like a good choice.  I have been on here before but am about to retire from work and was poking around the boards today hoping to get some good ideas and meet new people.  I will be here more often as cooking is my favorite thing to do along with planting a tomato garden. Looking forward to more conversations with you and others.

I hesitate to assume folks are new just due to low post count. People take breaks or change nics for several reasons. I am not in the kitchen forum very often but might pop in more often in the future. I do love to cook.