Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this new month of august?

Lettuce salad, baked ravioli and some cheesy bread. My husband asked for cake and ice cream a little !ater on this evening.

Honored Contributor

Today was our town's annual celebration with a parade, craft fair, entertainment, food trucks, and fireworks.  Our DS, DDIL, and DGD came down for a little while.  We ducked out and came home for lunch. I used some so-called keto bread (which really isn't, so it was a little cheat) and made use monte cristo sandwiches with keto SF raspberry preserves, some raw veggies, olives, and chia pudding w/berries.  

Honored Contributor

No cooking today--picked up a Greek salad at deli.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and our two adult sons are off on a fishing trip for a few days, so I am on my own. I will bake up a quiche and have quiche and salad for a couple of days.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Going easy today. 

Thick Sliced Bacon 

Omelettes

Roasted Broccoli

Lakanto Pumpkin Spice Muffins 

Chia Pudding w/Fresh Berries 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped my A/D of the Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon as it was just too expensive for us.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the Morey filets I picked up at Costco will be ok. 

Lunch today:

Salmon

Steamed French green beans

Chia Pudding with berries. 

Update:  the salmon wasn't bad. It wasn't as good as the Egg Harbor I've had, but it's fine for us, and more affordable.  

79FC8191-E009-4F3C-98BB-9D9C735CB5EA.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Hot dogs and potato salad tonight.

Valued Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Nyc1 it sounds good. I went with a ge portable dishwasher. My wife don't care what kind I picked out. I always deal with dishes and when we first lived together and she would put dishes in the dishwasher I would move them so after a while she didn't put dishes in it. Its our first dishwasher with a stainless steal inside and no controls on the front. There inside on top when you open the door. Www

Hi pooky.........hope you and ria and your MIL are well.

Didn't you guys buy a new dishwasher just a few years ago? What happened.....did you wear it out !!  LOL 

Honored Contributor

Homemade chicken strips, mashed potatoes, pea salad, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes for my family tonight.

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Homemade chicken strips, mashed potatoes, pea salad, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes for my family tonight.

Hi RedTop......

glad to hear your Mother is well but your husband (?) that is very upsetting. I will pray for all of you.

I've never heard of " pea salad "........how do you make it ?