Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking this March of 2017 - Lent is upon us.

@Preds wrote:

Image may contain: outdoor and text

@Preds  Love this!  I am sending this to DD as she loves llamas. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Such cute pictures!!  Well, tomorrow I'm making a big dinner for my baby boy's birthday..He's requested BBQ baby back ribs, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls.. Also banana cake with cream cheese frosting and ice cream, of course.

What can I say, I'm a pushover for my kids.  He'll be 42..can't believe the time has gone by so fast ..

Everybody have a great March!!

Respected Contributor

Baby boys and baby girls just never grow up do they - always there for Momma. Hope you had a great dinner with son.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy sunday/facebook

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for monday already images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

Last night, I decided to try something different with chicken wings, so made a chimichurri sauce., I seasoned and coated with cornstarch chicken wings, without tips, and fried until golden and crispy, then sprinkled with kosher salt after removal from the oil.  This is the way I cook wings when I plan to coat them in something, not the way I make fried chicken.  These were served with a chimichurri sauce drizzled over and/or as a dipping sauce, yummy.  DH had rice and tomato salad on the side.  the wings could be baked or grilled for less calories. Smiley Happy

One of these days I will actually use one of the hundreds of cookbooks I have, but if I get an idea of something to make without a cookbook, which is almost always, except for baking, then I never get to a cookbook, though I do look through them once in a while.

Respected Contributor

I heated up the leftover fried cabbage - super good. Yesterday I took a turn for the worse - yep, it can happen - and now have the sore throat, cough - you name it - still with pneumonia. Too old for this stuff!! Take care everyone.

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning friends images

@Winifred ... Please try to take it easy and hoping you feel better soon.  That stuff is hard to get rid of and needs to be watched.  Wishing you the best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

mousiegirl your wings sound really good. i had a recipe that you use a pound box of brown sugar a large bottle of soy sauce garlick powder  and recipe called for a cup of gin .and cook for 90minutes. today ria made calzones for dinner. spinich pepperoni and cheese and ham and cheese. house smells amazing. shesmade them for people having birthday partys and they say there allways the first thing gone. have a good rest of the day all.