Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in May - it got here really fast!!

After having two stinking hot humid days, today it fooled one and all. Cold and rainy this morning - that was a surprise.

Hope one and all are fine.

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Great Monday greeting Preds. Love it.

I need some ideas for dinner.  Got a lot of yellow squash so may fry it for dinner - love it fried with onions. Usually have cornbread as a go with and may have some pickled beets. Yep, that is what I will do for tonight.. Hope to get some things cleaned up around the house - time will tell.

Have a great day one and all - and it sure is lonesome around here.

Respected Contributor

@Preds, great pix today, it really hit home, all my life I've wished I could carry a tune, only sing when I'm alone, otherwise I just "mouth" the words so as to not scare anyone lol

Respected Contributor

Morning, will be on the go today, pork chops on the menu for tonite, think I'll bread them (early today) & they'll be ready to fry quickly, don't know what go withs, will see

Hope all have a good day, sun is shining here but cool, I'll take it

Honored Contributor

I sing it the car, at home, at work ... but always ALONE!  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Only thing I changed for dinner was no cornbread - had biscuits. Had NO corn meal to make the cornbread. In the course of the dinner I ran out of vinegar both white and cider and corn meal. What can I say. I NEVER use to run out of anything but there is a BIG difference trying to feed this group when I lived alone or just had Tessa - no problems.I use cider vinegar for the pickled beets and was cleaning a few things with the white vinegar - nope, neither was used in the yellow squash - thought perhaps I should explain that.

Hope all had a good day - Spix you look like you are going to have some good eating at your house also.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

This is like German summer weather...the farmers here are complaining. I wonder how my CSA will do. Things can't get planted in the wet.

I cooked a Blue Apron salad: salmon with potatoes and green peas. They seem to like peas. It was just ok. LOVED the salad: arugula (my fave) with boiled FRESH peas, potatos and radish. Love all of those. A vinegar and oil dressing with toasted sunflower seeds. Very yummy. The salmon was too fishy tasting. Topped with a "pink lemon" --dressed in oil. It was tasty but the salmon went to the hounds. Sometimes wild atlantic salmon is like that and I don't care for it. But I ate the salad all up. Loved the combination. Salmon and green peas is a New England thing you make for fourth of July--because the salmon are running and peas are harvested.

Super Contributor

I fixed steak tacos tonight.  I cut leftover steak into thinnish strips and.placed it atop a layer of mashed potatoes in pre formed corn taco shells.  Heated them in the microwave and then added salsa, sour cream, taco cheese,  and added a sprinkling of chopped green onions.  

Easy and good. The mashed potatoes are optional!