Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in January 2017

good morning all. last night steak baked potato and broccoli simple but good. good luck winifred.

Respected Contributor

Great basic meal Pooky - nothing better. I haven't fixed a steak in a long time - I think time has gotten away from me - my sub I guess is the roast in the slow cooker. LOL.

Kids did crash last night and it helped - bless them. Then Davey said he was walking over to a friend's this morning for a ride to school. THAT was heaven to hear. LOL.

Raining, well drizzling, cold and yet another wet day - we need it to help with our long drought. I still look out and see a yard almost void of the once beautiful green grass, gopher hills, sunken areas because of no groundwater, two magnificent trees now gone - and so it goes. Breaks my heart and as I have said before, am sure my Dad especially is looking down and frowning. Can hardly walk across the once pristine and level yard now without stumbling. So sad.

Dinner tonight - my usual "still have time to think about it" is the order of the day. Probably time for some good spaghetti - easy to fix and even the little boy loves that.

Have a great day one and all - eat well!!

Respected Contributor

Had no time for the kitchen - another super busy day!! So on the way BACK from San Bernardino, stopped at Farmer Boys and got some of their great chili cheese fries - with onions of course.

OK people, where are you? Need some cooking ideas.

Soushi you are missed, please come on back and visit with us. I am selfish, also bring us some of those great food ideas!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for Happy day

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

good morning all.yestauday we went to bjs to stock up and maria made a breakfast bake for dinner. she shredded potatoes and added ham eggs sait and pepper and shredded cheddar cheese and baked for 40 minutes on 350. totally yummy. tonight leftover lasagna.

Respected Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Had no time for the kitchen - another super busy day!! So on the way BACK from San Bernardino, stopped at Farmer Boys and got some of their great chili cheese fries - with onions of course.

OK people, where are you? Need some cooking ideas.

Soushi you are missed, please come on back and visit with us. I am selfish, also bring us some of those great food ideas!!

I was just getting ready to ask if anyone had heard from her. Hopefully she will check in soon.

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning friends images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Rain was suppose to have disappeared by this morning. WRONG!!! Still very wet outside and sure is cold.

Had a quick and easy dinner but not enough I guess to fill the eaters up as both Davey and his Mother found other things to eat a few minutes later.Was too tired to eat - really dumb - but fixed a prepackaged pasta with oriental seasoning with chicken bits. Also tossed in some garlic toast. This morning my stomach is growling but there are times I simply cannot eat. Kids were not in a great mood last night either.

It's Friday and Ricky has another lesson from his "teacher" - am not sure just how much progress he is making. Seemed to me that yesterday in about 5 minutes he was finished for the day. Hope this is not going into la la land and it will work - do know it will take everyone to truly help him.

Dinner tonight - still may get around to fixing that spaghetti. LOL. Hope one and all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Still did not make that spaghetti - is anyone surprised? Did fix some cabbage and bratwurst in the slow cooker and had baked red taters. Very good.

The two little ones are insane tonight but were super good all day. Tomorrow MORNING BOTH LITTLE ONES are going to Sherry's until Sunday night. I am sitting here smiling to myself - NO LITTLE ones in about a year. Have always had at least one of them - wow - I owe Sherry.

Still drizzling tonight - needs to stop for a bit.

Hope all had a great day = SOUSHI - ARE YOU IGNORING US AGAIN????

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday friends