Respected Contributor

What's Cooking in January 2017

Welcome to a new year one and all. This past one, while stressful, costly, miserable a lot, sure sped by. May I also add a lot of love was also tossed about.

I hope this new year sees ALL our favorite posters returning with their always great ideas for food - sure miss them.

Also want to see a lot of new posters - it is a fun thread when we have people visiting here with what is cooking at their house. Learn a lot!!!

Enjoy the day - as is my usual New Years Day eating, can hardly wait for my black eyed peas and collards - the black eyed peas are the biggie!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in January 2017

Image result for happy 2017 gif

Happy New Year @Winifred!  Wishing you and everyone a beautiful day and an even more beautiful year.  Welcome 2017!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, enjoy your day,

Image result for new year's day 2017 animated images

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy monday

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

new years to all.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year to you too Pooky. Have to smile at your name - that is what my middle granddaughter was called up until she hit her 20s and 30s. Most of those who used that name with her are gone now, including her Mother. Love it.

We reheated the black eyed peas for later day yesterday eating. Cornbread was all gone but those here just finished up the collards with them also - Still a ton of peas left. They usually make the freezer as I always make a lot. Will be a good meal in a month or so and then that will be that for the black eyed peas. LOL.

Hope one and all have a great day. OK, people, what are you cooking - stop by and let us know. New Year, new day, we want our posters back here to help us with our eating.

Respected Contributor

Morning All, just getting my day started, have chicken breasts thawing, will roast with sweet potatoes & maybe some green beans from the freezer, nothing fancy after all the Holiday meals we're back to easy.

Dreary here today, but not cold, 40ish so good weather for January 

Have a good day 

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning friends images

Respected Contributor

More leftovers late yesterday. I think I am close to freezing what is left of leftovers - do NOT like tossing out food. That means will have a lot of frozen black eyed peas and also pork roast. Have been surprised the pork has barely been touched except by me - the sandwich queen. It was really a good pork. Now for tonight? Have no clue but whatever it is, it will be simple. Have to TRY and make sure Davey goes to sleep - back to school tomorrow. Have enjoyed NOT driving over the school to take him and then back to pick him up. Sure wish we still had our buses - always did until about 7 years ago. Too many administrators these days in my opinion and they are paid exceptionally well. So are our teachers by the way - days are long gone here where teachers struggle financially - certainly is not the case now.

Spix how did the meal go? Sure looked mighty good.

Another cold morning - Brrrr!!! May have rain but if not today for sure at least three of the remaining few days of the week.

Respected Contributor

Thought I would stop by and tell everyone just what we had for dinner - went to Bob's Big Boy for take outs. Davey had a pulled pork quesadilla, (sp?) Shannon a Classic Bob's Big boy and Ricky a burger kids meal and ME??? Pasta Alfredo with chicken and garlic bread - super good. Better than having to cook but must admit could not afford to eat out every night - prices just keep zooming up. LOL

Hope all had a great day.