Super Contributor

Re: What is happening to the Lock 'n Lock products??

just got my first lock n lock purchase (and probably my only, since I really dont need any others) Got the cereal holders and they seem fine so far. Have many other brands of containers, bowl etc so dont need anymore.

Contributor

Of course there are special lines for QVC!  Just like Walmart or grocery stores' house brands, in order to get a better price compromises are made by the retailers.  I have found that while some house brands at the store are ok, some are not.  Same with the Q or Walmart/Target. I can never find exactly the same product elsewhere so really can't make a good comparison when I purchase something.  For example, I purchased a pair of Clarks casual sneaker type shoe at the Q but the same style never appears anywhere else - including Clarks.com! Cute, but not the usual comfort of Clarks. I always have Amazon running when shopping at the Q for comparisons and seldom find the same item.  So I simply weigh the options to see if the Q is acceptable or not. Same with "house brands" at the grocery.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for replying.  Seems we all agree L'n L has gone down hill!  What a shame.  I had been purging and organizing my pantry and had hoped to find previous L "n L containers.  So, QVC will lose business as we all look elsewhere, Too Bad!!  

Honored Contributor

I seriously doubt that L&L dumbed down a line for QVC. I've never seen any difference whatsoever between the L&L from here or from elsewhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I thought it was just me.  I actually used to have a bit of a hard time getting the lids off, now the last few sets the lids almost pop off by themselves. 

And recently, when picking up a bowl from the cupboard, I accidentaly dropped in on the tile in the kitchen and a piece of the lid broke right off.  It couldn't have been more than 2-3 feet drop. So now I have to send the receipt and the lid to Lock & Lock.  Grrr....  I sent them an email with the photo of the broken lid and everything but they still insist it be sent back.  Not good customer service IMO. 

Valued Contributor

I have purchased Lock & Lock since the very beginning and have really enjoyed them; however, I have to agree with everyone here about the decline in the quality of the products.  I, too, have stock up; so, I'm good for a long time.  That being said, I don't think I'll be purchasing any more either.  Their Customer Service is poor at best.  Recently, I had a gallon pitcher start to leak from where the handle is attached and I'm still waiting for Customer Service to respond.  No one answers their phone line and you have to leave a message.  Not worth the trouble.  I'll just replace the pitcher with a less expensive one from the store and replace that when necessary.  Don't count on their warranty!

Valued Contributor

I have purchased Lock & Lock since the very beginning and have really enjoyed them; however, I have to agree with everyone here about the decline in the quality of the products.  I, too, have stock up; so, I'm good for a long time.  That being said, I don't think I'll be purchasing any more either.  Their Customer Service is poor at best.  Recently, I had a gallon pitcher start to leak from where the handle is attached and I'm still waiting for Customer Service to respond.  No one answers their phone line and you have to leave a message.  Not worth the trouble.  I'll just replace the pitcher with a less expensive one from the store and replace that when necessary.  Don't count on their warranty!  It doesn't exist.

Honored Contributor

@SCshopper2,

I too have suspected for a long time that buying many products here is just like buying them from Big Lots or Ollie's.   The term "exclusive to" means nothing to me.   

Honored Contributor

@littleminx wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the choices of L 'n L has absolutely shrunk?  None of the really  big containers are available, most selections just seem to be various kinds of bowls!!  I am  looking for the original storage bins with the flip tops and the ones on the little wheels.  Any suggestions??  Thanks

Yes, they're down to one page now. I hope they are restocking soon. I bought some of the flip top containers last month and I love them. I have two sets of the Mini Zen containers and use them every single day. I may buy a third set because they're so convenient. I pre-pack a bunch of them every Sunday and each morning I grab containers of veggies, eggs, and fruits to toss in my lunch bag. They are so convenient!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I seriously doubt that L&L dumbed down a line for QVC. I've never seen any difference whatsoever between the L&L from here or from elsewhere.

It's interesting how a post about the SELECTION going down turned into a bunch of theories about the quality going down and then the person who wanted to buy more but couldn't find them came back and said, yes, we all agree that the quality has gone down.