Honored Contributor

What is Your Best Tasting Recipe With the Least Amount of Prep?

Looking for the easiest recipe without all the prepping, but which tastes delicious. Probably shouldn't have too many ingredients. I don't care if it's especially healthy. I'm hungry!

Super Contributor

Re: What is Your Best Tasting Recipe With the Least Amount of Prep?

Take-out.

Or, reservations.

Pizza delivery?

Stick a potato in the microwave while you grill a steak.

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite recipes is for salmon. Make a 50/50 blend of mayo and a really good grainy mustard: feel free to alter the proportions to suit your taste. Spread on salmon and bake.(I always have to look up the temperature. I think it's 450 and ten minutes an inch, but don't take my word on that!)

There was a show on Food Network that was called "Five Ingredient Dinners" or something like that. She had some wonderful recipes. One of my favorites was a turkey meatloaf, but you could use what you like. I don't remember the name of the host, but if you Google the above, I am sure you will find something.

Poodlepet

Esteemed Contributor

Ground Turkey Stir Fry

Package of ground turkey, sautee in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add fresh or frozen (thawed) veggies (I use peppers, onions and asparagus), when the meat is fully browned, add 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, stir, add fresh chopped kale.

Hot Dish

Not authentic, but it's easy. Use your favorite simmer sauce instead of condensed soup.

Preheat oven to 400. In an 8x8 dish, mix 1 cup of brown rice with 1 jar of simmer sauce, add veggies and stir. Top with chicken thighs, sprinkle with paprika, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Impossible Sausage Pie - we love it:

Brown 1 lb. Italian sausage meat

Drain and put into 9" deep dish pie plate. Add a bag of frozen mixed veggies.

Mix together 1 C. milk, 1/2 C. Bisquick (I use low fat for each) and 1 egg.

Pour over items in pie plate and top with a couple handfuls of shredded mozzarella or asiago cheese.

Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or until set.

Super Contributor

Okay, this is not healthy, but you didn't say it had to be, just low prep.

Recipe: 1 bag of Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion potato chips (the ridges hold more stuff) + a good French onion dip.

Directions: Tear open bag of chips, remove lid from dip (or make own), insert chip in dip, eat.

** The healthier way would be to keep some baby carrots and a few celery sticks nearby.... just in case. Smile

Respected Contributor

I would say there are lots of crockpot recipes that you just toss in the ingredients and you end up with a wonderful night meal. Just a thought...

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 mima said:

I would say there are lots of crockpot recipes that you just toss in the ingredients and you end up with a wonderful night meal. Just a thought...

I agree with this.. I LOVE MY CROCKPOT!

However, my favorite quickie meal is pasta with garlic and sun dried tomatoes.

Boil the pasta. (I like farfalle best for this.)

In a saucepan or skillet, heat 1/4 c. olive oil, 3 or 4 cloves of pressed garlic, sun dried tomatoes, salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Don't overcook it. The garlic will start to brown quickly at which time you should turn off the heat.

Add the pasta to the oil/garlic sauce and stir. Add a scoop or two of the pasta water if it's too dry.

If you have leftover chicken, it mixes really well in this dish. Wink

DH likes this with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, but I'm a purist.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

On 8/4/2014 house_cat said:
On 8/4/2014 mima said:

I agree with this.. I LOVE MY CROCKPOT!

However, my favorite quickie meal is pasta with garlic and sun dried tomatoes.

Boil the pasta. (I like farfalle best for this.)

In a saucepan or skillet, heat 1/4 c. olive oil, 3 or 4 cloves of pressed garlic, sun dried tomatoes, salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Don't overcook it. The garlic will start to brown quickly at which time you should turn off the heat.

Add the pasta to the oil/garlic sauce and stir. Add a scoop or two of the pasta water if it's too dry.

If you have leftover chicken, it mixes really well in this dish. Wink

DH likes this with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, but I'm a purist.

I would agree that crockpot recipes are easy and delicious, but definitely not instant. If someone is home and hungry and wanting a quick meal, a crockpot recipe isn't the answer.

Super Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Poodlepet said:

One of my favorite recipes is for salmon. Make a 50/50 blend of mayo and a really good grainy mustard: feel free to alter the proportions to suit your taste. Spread on salmon and bake.(I always have to look up the temperature. I think it's 450 and ten minutes an inch, but don't take my word on that!)

There was a show on Food Network that was called "Five Ingredient Dinners" or something like that. She had some wonderful recipes. One of my favorites was a turkey meatloaf, but you could use what you like. I don't remember the name of the host, but if you Google the above, I am sure you will find something.

Poodlepet

Poodle, the Q had a '5 ingredient' cookbook loooonnng ago, I have it. Have to look into it again. Used to use it frequently!!