Honored Contributor

Re: What brand of pandcake mix is the best???

Aunt Jemima is my preference too. I usually add an egg to the mix, and I like my pancakes small.  IMO they cook more consistently when small. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

We always buy the King Arthur's Pancake & Waffle mix.

I also have purchased Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Baking mix.  It makes fabulous pancakes.

Honored Contributor

three different ways i make them.......from scratch (it is easy), using bisquick, and i have also bought the stonewall kitchen mix which is excellent.

(this comes in different flavors also)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

According to Consumers Report Hungry jack is the best. I either use htis one otr make my own. 

Respected Contributor

Krusteaz.

I usually make pancakes and waffles from scratch, but in a pinch I use their mixes. My DD also uses them, and I've had them a lot at her house - yummy!

Regular Contributor

I use Aunt Jemima original mix and add vanilla to the batter for extra flavor sure makes a difference .I will caution you about the skillet it  will cook the pancakes really fast and you can have a mess. Skillet heats up and holds the heat.I used mine for awhile and just gave up. Cook with cast iron all the time but this grill had to go..... I have the oval skillets they use in steak houses and I would heat them to serve the pancakes on and have a mess on my grill pan.

Regular Contributor

In case I confused you by saying grill or skillet instead of griddle .I call all my cast iron skillets.But I really meant griddle.wish I had known you wanted one and I would have gladly sent you mine.......worst cast iron I have ever bought....by the way bought a cast iron wok and really like it.......

Respected Contributor

I also like Aunt Jemima Complete. I think it does a very good job. 

If you need gluten-free, Bob's Red Mill makes a delicious GF pancake mix and it makes good waffles, as well. A bit heavy. I put whipped egg whites in my waffles (I beat one or two egg whites to almost stiff peaks and fold in the batter.) This trick makes the waffles crisp and light. 

Honored Contributor

I use the heart healthy Bisquick and add a tsp of vanilla.

Super Contributor

funny- i've been using my new lodge griddle for two days for french toast- comes out perfect-haven't tried it for pancakes yet- but will this weekend..wish me luck (i am familiar with cast iron-have two skillets for years that i love) I was just so tired of the non stick griddles (and expensive ones) i had that kept warping.