Valued Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Breakfast?

Chipped beef gravy over biscuits is one thing my mother used to make every Sunday morning when I was growing up. I like it to this day but can't remember the last time I had it.

Recently I have been making my own breakfast bowls with hash browns, bacon or sausage with scrambled eggs and a little bit of shredded cheese in top. I also use the same mixture along with "Stinkin Good Green Chili" for some really good breakfast burritos.  

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

My favorite breakfast would be some type of omelet with cheese and green peppers, onions and mushrooms with bacon on the side, rye toast and a fresh fruit cup.  And of course, coffee...it gets me going! 

My everyday breakfast at home would be either poached eggs on toast or a bagel and a banana or some melon.  Some days I just have toast, coffee and maybe yogurt and save my appetite for lunch...I'm more of a lunch person than a breakfast person.  Some days I'm just not hungry in the morning! 

@lOVETOSHOP,We are SO alike!  I'm not that much of a breakfast person either.  That's another way Instant Breakfast works for me!  I just like lunch and dinner items more!

Honored Contributor

2 Poached eggs on toast with bacon and home fries.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

English muffin, margarine, and Egg Beaters.

When we travel, I like Western omlets and toast.

@qualitygal I so love you put margarine as part of your favorite breakfast, a woman after my own heart.  I would only add cheese and milk gravy to your above and anything underneath the three items for the most part.  Texas Breakfast usually as some heavy duty meat to it with those eggs and biscuits.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

oatmeal with golden raisins and a little brown sugar, washed down with an instant breakfast..lots of coffee real cream and sugar

Valued Contributor

I grew up on and it will always be my favorite, but, I only now have ever so often is.... Biscuits and Gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon with fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden (inthe summer).   I make homemade salsa every week and I eat frequently in a scrambled, cheese, bacon and a avocado slice taco.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Contributor

Biscuits and white gravy. Not sausage gravy but gravy made with bacon drippings and milk.  I only have it one or two times a year.  Oatmeal with blueberries and a piece of toast with sugar free strawberry jam is my Monday-Friday breakfast.  I usually skip breakfast on the weekends.

Valued Contributor

@dd ks girl that is how my family makes breakfast gravy with bacon grease.  My Mom and Dad are originally from KY, so it might be a regional thing!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Contributor

@Chicagoan. My dad and granddad were from Oklahoma. I can't make the gravy like my granddad did but I still try a couple times a year.