Respected Contributor

Re: What Brand Plastic Wrap Do You Use?

I use a product called ZIP-SAFE. It is available at Publix here in Florida. The box comes with a very handy cutting device to easily slice off a proper length of wrap, without all the hassle of many other brands.

Respected Contributor

I use a lot of plastic wrap, and it is one thing on which I won't skimp!  That being said, I luckily found a bargain brand that will rival the Reynold's plastic wrap that is no longer made.  It is Great Value Professional Strength Plastic Wrap found at Wal-Mart.  Even though a store brand, it is still kind of expensive but works so well!  For other needs where I need to reseal something over and over again, I like Press and Seal.

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU THANKS!  I will check these out.  I feel like I"m in the clutches of a giant killer squid when I try to tear off and untangle this flimsy stuff!  

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Boulder brand from Aldi. Not too thin, easy to pull out of the package without getting stuck to itself, and sticks well when wrapped.

Respected Contributor

Kroger Store Brand works great. Saran Wrap is awful to work with. I do like Press & Seal, but not enough to spend the extra little bit on it. I'll buy it if it's on sale or if I'm not at a Kroger & need plastic wrap.

Honored Contributor

I use Glad Wrap.  

To be honest, I haven't tried others except Saran Wrap, way back in the day, and I hated that one.  Went to Glad Wrap so long ago I cannot even remember when and just never changed.

I don't really use a ton of it, so what I use works great for me.  Smiley Happy

A few years ago I purchased one of those dispenser things from here for cellophane wrap and I use that.  Makes using cellophane wrap a bit easier.  I even had a cover made for it, since it doesn't fit in the drawer with all the other boxes of wraps and such.  

Honored Contributor

Stretch-tight from Costco.  Frankly, I find all of the plastic wraps frustrating (in that Charlie Brown-kite-string-in-a-knot kind of way...)

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Stretch-Tite..I used to think they were all the same (i.e., not very good) but after 15 years or so of using it, I have learned not to even waste my money on anything else..

ITA. We keep ours in a Stretch-Tite dispenser.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Stretch Tight....REALLY GOOD

Respected Contributor

I'm going to have to try Stretch-tite (per all the recommends), but I have been using Glad Press n Seal since it came out and I really like it.  It's easy to use and keeps everything sealed tightly.