Honored Contributor

Re: We're going to Carraba's tonight (sp?) for dinner.

It use to be one of my favorite restaurants in town, my favorite is the chicken fettuccine alfredo , love the calamari, and house salad dressing (creamy parmesan), but our place in town got a low health dept. score and I haven't been back, made me very sad!

Super Contributor

See whether you notice this at your Carraba's. The one where I have dined on several occasions--it is so noisy, you can't hear the person next to you or across from you. The kitchen is open right in to the restaurant, and there is a lot banging, clanking, and yelling from one employee to another. It's just not calming to me at all.

And I thought their food was good, but it was too much effort. A lot of people must enjoy it, because there's always a crowd.

Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 RespectLife said:

Spiedino di Mare

Shrimp & Scallops lightly breaded, wood fire grilled, topped w/ a lemon sauce.

I have it served over angel hair.

I get it EVERY time. Love it!!

I get this also, but last time (a few weeks ago) noticed, & confirmed by waiter, that the portion sizes have gone way down yet the prices increased. Not a huge deal, but I always enjoyed taking half home for a next day lunch. Not enough to do that anymore.

I used to love their Peach Bellini drink...really love. No longer available. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 F1wild said:
On 7/18/2014 RespectLife said:

Spiedino di Mare

Shrimp & Scallops lightly breaded, wood fire grilled, topped w/ a lemon sauce.

I have it served over angel hair.

I get it EVERY time. Love it!!

I get this also, but last time (a few weeks ago) noticed, & confirmed by waiter, that the portion sizes have gone way down yet the prices increased. Not a huge deal, but I always enjoyed taking half home for a next day lunch. Not enough to do that anymore.

I used to love their Peach Bellini drink...really love. No longer available. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I hate that. I hate small portions. When I want to eat out, I want to EAT, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

The appetizer - mussels in a garlic sauce. Not as good as I remembered it but it was good. I love to dunk the bread in the sauce. Otherwise, I dont really care for their dinners. I ordered a shrimp pasta a few weeks ago and I thought it was terrible. Not worth the price. I dont really think any of the dishes - there were 4 of us- were all that great. The was the first time in many many years I have been back.
Respected Contributor

dp
Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 konasmom said:

Pollo Rosa Maria!!

Yum, this is my favorite, too!

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 ivey said:

See whether you notice this at your Carraba's. The one where I have dined on several occasions--it is so noisy, you can't hear the person next to you or across from you. The kitchen is open right in to the restaurant, and there is a lot banging, clanking, and yelling from one employee to another. It's just not calming to me at all.

And I thought their food was good, but it was too much effort. A lot of people must enjoy it, because there's always a crowd.

I love PF CHANGS.... but it is noisy too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

My favorite is the Chicken Marsala too! If I go for lunch the salad and soup are a meal with the bread and olive oil. I haven't eaten there in a good while maybe I will get to go soon......hope that you enjoy your meal!
Honored Contributor

they make some wonderful filet steak dishes....that is what i generally get.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein