Trusted Contributor

Vitamixers - can we talk cocktails & share recipes?

[ Edited ]

I would like to master making some cocktails in my Vitamix (particularly a mudslide if anyone has a good recipe for that).  My attempts so far have been so-so.  I've been experimenting with daiquiris thanks to a poster here sharing a Peach Daiquiri recipe I was looking for.

1/2 cup orange juice
4 oz. light rum
1 TBSP cream of coconut
1 TBSP sugar
2 cups frozen peaches
2 cups ice

This one came out pretty good, but it was so frozen I had to wait quite a while for it to thaw out so I didn't have to use a spoon.  I wonder what would happen if I used frozen peaches, but no ice.  

Then I tried a mixed fruit daiquiri.  It came out terrible.  Just not the right combination of mixed fruit I think.  

Today I tried a strawberry daiquiri.  It was just OK.  It wasn't sweet enough or flavorful enough for me.  Any opinions how to remedy that would be appreciated.  I really don't want to load it up with sugar.  I would also like it to have a more strawberry taste.  Maybe I didn't use enough strawberries and should have used more.

Do any other Vitamixers make cocktails in their Vitamix?  Do you have any recipes you'd like to share?  I would love to have a few perfected for the upcoming summer season!  Smiley Very Happy 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamixers - can we talk cocktails & share recipes?

I have heard from friends that they use Pom Wonderful juices to make their margaritas more flavorful.  I wonder if there is a Pinterest page that may have some ideas for you?

Kiwano melon is wonderful for tropical drinks also.  Next time I talk to this group I will ask if they have some new cocktail recipes.

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77

allrecipes.com has a frozen mudslide recipe that sounds yummy.  You could also use half cream, half ice cream. HTH

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Stargazer77

allrecipes.com has a frozen mudslide recipe that sounds yummy.  You could also use half cream, half ice cream. HTH

@butterfly123  Oooh!  Yes, it does sound yummy.  I just put it into my Google Keep, which is where I keep most of my recipes.  Thank you!

I will also check out your Pom suggestion.  

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77

What a GREAT topic!  Thank you for starting this thread!

I am sad to say my Vitamix was a most regrettable $$ purchase as I never use it.

This would be a wonderful way to finally justify the purchase!

I'll be checking back to see what delicious drinks are shared.

Thank you everyone!!

Honored Contributor

I have a brand new Vitamix that I LOVE!!! I used my moms 35 year old one until, just a few months ago when the old girl kind of gave up the ghost--so sad---but my new one is amazing. Regrettably I don't drink but could see making virgin drinks with this machine. My friend in AZ makes the most inncredible fresh citrus maragritas that will knock your socks off. And of course, she had the citrus growing in her yard. I think the recipe was in her recipe book that came with her machine. Was delicious!!!

Honored Contributor

Isn't there still a frozen daiquiri mix?  We used to make them many years ago and I remember there was a frozen mix available to use as a base then you add the fruit and alcohol to that.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Isn't there still a frozen daiquiri mix?  We used to make them many years ago and I remember there was a frozen mix available to use as a base then you add the fruit and alcohol to that.  

DiAnne--aren't you in WA state? If you are, how about this week of weather!! Amazing for April, altho Monday was too hot--88* in Woodinville--

Anyway--yes I've tried those frz mixes but when you taste a fresh one right out of the VM, you will never go back!! Could of had a few of those this week!!!  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@stargazer7

I talked to a friend who just returned from Arizona.

First of all for fruit drinks using fresh fruit. Freeze the fruit in ice cube trays or muffin pans. After completely frozen place in vacuum sealed bags or plastic containers to store in the freezer. You may also purée the fruit ahead of time (such as strawberries) and then freeze.

Instead of using ice you may use the frozen fruit. This also works well for events that include adults as well as those who don't drink. For kids pour 7up, Sprite or a fizzy beverage over the frozen fruit so they don't feel left out.

Watermelon cut into cubes  than frozen and blended with vodka or rum or your choice of alcohol. She also added other types of melon for variations. 

Berry margaritas with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, aronia berries. Any mixture of fruit of your liking. Add fresh squeezed lemons, limes and oranges.

Freeze wine in ice cube trays the morning of your event. Instead of adding ice to your wine on a hot day outside. Add your prepared wine cubes.

Specialty flavored gelato or specialty ice cream for dessert drinks. She also said they use sorbets and your choice of alcohol. With the sorbets they also added fresh fruit.

That's what I have for right now! HTH

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123  You are so sweet.  Thank you!