Respected Contributor

Upcoming Vitamix TSV

[ Edited ]

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=K42973&cvosrc=email.cheetahma...

There is an upcoming Vitamix TSV that is the Creations Galley model for $379.00 with a 64oz tall container, cookbook, DVD, smoothie recipes, smoothie bottle, and tamper.  It comes in Glowing Amber, Sapphire Blue, Pearl Gray, Glacial Blue, and Champagne Quartz colors exclusive to QVC until 4/30/2016.  It has 6 value pays as well.  I finally broke down and got one.  What do you VItamix owners think of the deal and machine?

Respected Contributor

You should have got one with a shorter container to fit on your countertop and under the cupboards. 

At Costco, you can return it if you don't like it after 30 days. No shipping as well. The books, dvd, etc are all included in all Vitamixes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Vitamix TSV

[ Edited ]

Congratulations!  I have one very similar (the CIA) 64 oz version and I love it.  I added on the dry container for $50 which you used to be able to do if you bought a Vitamix so you may want to look and see if you can still do it so you have it all.  I think I paid around the same price and I have never regretted it.  Loving it right now especially with the soups this time of year.  

PS:  I'm a little jealous.  I didn't get the smoothie bottle.  Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

I have the 64 oz pitcher and I love it. I can make a whole pitcher of smoothies, pour it into a container and keep it in the fridge. If the smoothies are easy to grab-you are more apt to drink one instead of a possibly unhealthy snack.

It doesn't fit under the cabinets, but I don't care about that.

I hope you enjoy it half as much as I love mine!

Respected Contributor

@CalMom  I would go with the shorter container, but I don't have upper cupboards where I plan on keeping it, which is where I've got my Nutribullet, so it isn't an issue.  I always let the pitchers and blade housing dry before I put it back, so it is already off.  My sister has one from Costco with the tall pitcher and doesn't put the pitcher on the base even though her's is stored under the cupboard.

I'm excited.  I have the Nutribullet and Ninja blenders.  The Nutribullet is a first gen, so the new Ninja, got on the Q, was much, much smoother.  I know the Vitamix will be super smooth.  I already know, just short of it being DOA, I'll be keeping it forever!

Respected Contributor
@Laura14...I'm not planning on using the dry container. My sister got one with her package at Costco. She thought she would be using it since my nephew has a wheat allergy, but so far, doing the flour from whole versus buying it is the same price if not less buying it because of the time factor. We don't have stores with the grains in stock, so price for one is about the same as the other.
Respected Contributor
@Lacey1, I do plan on doing a whole pitcher, putting them into mason jars, and freezing for 12 days...how many jars came in the case. My sister makes the for the week and freezes. She pulls it out the night before and puts into the fridge, by morning, it is defrosted and super cold. I'll be following her lead on that one.
Respected Contributor

Thanks.  Looks like a good price.  I want the taller size too. 

Honored Contributor

I bought this TSV vitamix yesterday!! Am so excited!! My old one is 36 years old, all stainless steel and was my moms. It did so well until very recently and I am sad to say that I will miss it; but can't wait for a new one. Good info about the dry container as I was thinking about ordering that too. Not quite sure if you really need it to process grains into flour as I did that with my old one and the container is the same size. This was what I wanted in the price range I wanted. I went to the VM website and there are re-con ones for $40 less but not the same model or any accessories. Amazon has this one for $500, so I think it's a great deal. Plus easy pay and free shipping----a great deal.

Honored Contributor

I only use the dry container to make bread crumbs from Fiber One cereal.  Congrats on everyone's new purchases!